Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

I'm trying to get some feedback on my written work.

:iconnomyai:
nomyai Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
It frustrating that feedback is pretty hard to come by, so I figured I'd expand my audience and add this to the forum.

Rate my work like a report card.

1 - Excellent - Explain why.
2 - Great - Explain why.
3 - Good - Explain why.
4 - Ok - Explain why.
5 - Poor / fails - Explain why.

Please provide feedback on ALL Ratings. Let me know what I'm doing wrong and/or right, in YOUR opinion, so that I can improve.

Rate the following categories:

Style -

Consistency - (In Quality and Style.)

Variety -

Finished Product / Overall -

And if you want to throw in your favorite example from my gallery (if any), please do.

Constructive critiques and advice are always welcome.

That's it, go ahead and give it a try, I'll be returning the favor (if you wish) and critique your work.

Devious Comments

:iconbeccalicious:
Beccalicious Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Writer
:lock:

Hi there!

We have a monthly critique thread linked at the top of this forum for all critique requests and exchanges! Please use this for all requests: [link]

Also, as you are new to this forum, please read our posting guidelines [link]

Thank you :)
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Writer
Feel free to return the favor. I like hearing what others think of my work.

These are the two prose pieces in my gallery. The first one is still very much a work in progress, and I could use opinions and critique. I don't feel I've executed it well enough. The second one is shorter in length than the first one, and much more polished.
Blooming Freshman year started the same way my first year of middle school did. I was alone in a strange new world, and it was glorious; like escaping a black cave and finding your self on a white, frozen lake. Now all I needed to do was reach the shore without stepping on thin ice. Part of me promised myself I would stand up and face it and kick the universe's metaphysical ass. I wanted to be somebody triumphant, even though I didn't let anybody, not even my parents, know that about myself. It's harder for people to hit you where it hurts when you hide your soft spots. Sometimes you can't hide them. Sometimes, when they're written on your face, all
The Gift The first time I saw Sandra James wear the scarf was at the group interview. She wore it as a bright violet accent to a dark violet designer suit. Sandra looked to be the most sophisticated, professional woman there, and it worried me; I believed she would beat me out of the job. As it ended up, we were both hired in to the customer service department. I would see her wear the same scarf every day since then, and that pretentious purple thing got gaudier by the week.

Because we were hired at the same time, our cubicles were beside each other. Despite this, I spoke to her less often than many of my other coworkers. Most of us would gather a
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Writer
I left you a critique through the critique function.
:iconsaartha:
saartha Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Five. Because a good writer would have read first.
Aka someone didn't read the posting guidelines, tch tch [link]
:icondorianharper:
DorianHarper Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Writer
:lol:
Add a Comment: