Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Ghostwriting?

:icongrim-grief:
Grim-Grief Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
So I'm 15 and I was thinking of entering a sorta ghostwriting part-time thing, i can send you samples of my work, or browse through my gallery to find some samples... I just don't know how much to charge.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontiganusi:
tiganusi Jan 11, 2013  Professional
I hate to be a huge downer, but the good-paying (read: more than a few nickels) ghostwriting gigs are usually contract, and depending how legit the employer is and where they are located, you might be disqualified because of age—most jurisdictions would require you to be 18 for the contract to not be voidable later, and that's not a risk anyone hiring you would be willing to take, that you could come back and say "lel that's mine give me dollars".
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Jan 8, 2013  Student Writer
If you want to get jobs ghostwriting on here then the first thing you should do is make sure every bit of your writing that people can see (from deviations to journals to your ID) look professional and has no errors. Put up different kinds of your work here so that people can see what styles you are capable of, since you might be asked to write anything and not necessarily what you find fun to write. Get active within the community and advertise yourself, too.

Those bits of advice apply to attempting to be paid for writing anywhere, really.
:iconvglory:
You should charge what your time is worth and what your talent allows.
:icongpbaratheon:
GPBaratheon Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
i have done some ghost writing for some musicians, but if i were to give you any advice i would say put more of your work up for critique get some more feedback and get a little more recognition for your own work at first. Ghostwriting is a thankless job because no one should know you are doing it.

As for the price to charge for your work when you do it...it varies when i first work with someone i usually charge them half what i would normally charge for the first work and let them know if they want more done what the charge will be.Given that is for lyrics not so much literature.

Rated based on what you feel your work is worth and start there. there is always room for negotiation.
:icondorianharper:
DorianHarper Jan 6, 2013  Professional Writer
This may be a good place to start looking at rates for ghostwriting: [link]

As for the post, though, you may be able to get some actual clients in the Job Services Forium. Good luck to you! :)
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Jan 6, 2013   Digital Artist
What thing are you entering? A competition, or are you applying for a job?
I'm thinking of of actually just working like a regular ghostwriter would.
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Jan 6, 2013   Digital Artist
Oh right, sorry, I see what you mean. I don't know much about ghostwriting, sorry. Do you mean like taking literature commissions on Deviantart, or ghostwriting for people IRL?
um... i need someone who knows about ghostwriting o.o that's what i posted the topic about. I'm sorry >_<
Add a Comment: