Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 82

How did you start writing?

:iconchris-ticehurst:
chris-ticehurst Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Interested to see people's stories on how they started writing as my first simple thread in this forum. If I find some good stories on how you started out I'll do a Journal highlighting the cool stories to share.

I guess for me it was back in 1995 and I used to user Lego as a stage show to act out the stories I wanted to make. Sadly I never actually most of the "LegoLand" series that I did but it was the start of a long time of writing. My teachers saw I had a habit of writing very long stories and for great adventure tales. I lived in unit with my mother by myself so I guess I started to imagine of the outside world and created my own.

Well that's story and you ask me any question if you like so what's your story?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpineapplehunter:
pineapplehunter Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
I became enamored by tales of dragons and magic and decided I wanted to create one of my own.
:iconchris-ticehurst:
chris-ticehurst Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
How old we're you when you wanted to write stories?
:iconpineapplehunter:
pineapplehunter Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
I was probably ten or eleven when I got into it more seriously.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
In madness.
:iconkmbrother:
kmbrother Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Writer
I remember I started writing a while before I came to DeviantArt. I had this notebook and it was filled with a couple of stories from my young imagination. After going from two other notebooks I discovered DeviantArt one day while looking for Pokemon. I remember submitting my first piece of Literature to DeviantArt. It was bad, you wouldn't believe all of the mistakes It had. I deleted it some time later and grew so much from my failed attempts. I have some remaining stories of my old work on file and I will never forget them.
:iconclaycowboys:
ClayCowboys Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional Writer
I used to "write" stories about pirate cats before I entered kindergarten, but they were mere scribbles, so I don't think that technically counts. ;)

Once I learned how to write, however, I used a lot of manilla paper in elementary school writing about cats, ghosts, and their stupid adventures. :D I vaguely remember writing a story about Ren and Stimpy when I was in second grade, though for some reason, Ren lived in a nest. I don't know what that was about. :B
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013   General Artist
I started writing when I was 11/12 as a way of dealing with a lot of stress I was going through and coping. It wasn't really stories and such then but it was just scribbling of anything that came to mind from reality, to dreams, to anything... it didn't make sense once I was done, what with the doodles and scribbles and words... you see the point?
As I got older I realized I liked creating stories and "lives" just because I could imagine ANYTHING I wanted. In space, in the ocean, whatever it interested me and I found myself doing research to learn about these things.
I also liked to write (in an actual form you could actually articulate a meaning from at least somewhat) to get my feelings out or share something.
I still like to though I haven't in a long time.
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013   General Artist
I started writing when I was 11/12 as a way of dealing with a lot of stress I was going through and coping. It wasn't really stories and such then but it was just scribbling of anything that came to mind from reality, to dreams, to anything... it didn't make sense once I was done, what with the doodles and scribbles and words... you see the point?
As I got older I realized I liked creating stories and "lives" just because I could imagine ANYTHING I wanted. In space, in the ocean, whatever it interested me and I found myself doing research to learn about these things.
I also liked to write (in an actual form you could actually articulate a meaning from at least somewhat) to get my feelings out or share something.
I still like to though I haven't in a long time.
:iconajb-2k3:
ajb-2k3 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Work is boring and I drive alot so story's pass the time!
:iconmouselemur:
Mouselemur Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Well, my very first, actual story was mostly in my head, it wasn't until later that I wrote it down. It was a couple of years ago, seven I believe, and I went to see a film in the cinema. There was this guy in it, and I think that was my first crush on a movie star, though very short living. Anyways, that's how I started thinking up this story of what it would be like if an ordinary girl would meet a movie star in real life.
The one I first wrote down was five years ago. I went to a new school - the same one as my little sister - and heard about the moving from the school to a new location (though a building is yet to be erected, even though it's been 8 years since my sister first started at that school, when the plans for the big move were first unfolded). That's how I concocted a story about a curse on that piece of ground where the school would be newly situated, put upon by a girl sentenced to death there.
Add a Comment: