Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 290

What pen name would you use?

:icontwimper:
Twimper Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013   General Artist
It was just a though that I had that if I ever published a book i would most lightly use a pen name. I'm not sure what name i would use. Maybe my OC's names: Dune Towers.

what about you? what name would you use other than your own?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconblithemisnomer:
BlitheMisnomer Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I would like to write and publish books under two different names. For the more subtle, less controversial ones that don't involve bits of my personal life or those of the people I know, I would like to use my real name. For the ones I write which may contain sensitive matters, I'd like to use Laqueta Capri to protect my identity ^_^
Twimper Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013   General Artist
hehe very sensible, you dont want that kind of stuff to turn around and bite you in the bum later on.
:iconblithemisnomer:
BlitheMisnomer Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes, to get exposed is a scary thought --O.O-
indeed.
:iconchantellyheart:
ChantellyHeart Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student General Artist
Right now. I like the penname C.L Reece. The C stands for the first letter in my name. The L for my mother and brother names. And Reece is the name of my other brother. Not set in stone. But its nice :)
aw, that's nice you've included everyone =) it sounds really good!
:iconchantellyheart:
ChantellyHeart Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student General Artist
Lol thanks :blush:
:iconsmadams:
SMAdams Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
This is something I had wondered for years and I think it has been resolved at last thanks to my fiance and his last name that will be mine in a few months. It flows really with my first name and doesn't sound clunky. I will either go by my "full" name Shara Adams, or my dA username.
Twimper Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013   General Artist
i like shara =) it's pretty!
:iconsmadams:
SMAdams Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Thank you! :)
:icondionaya:
Dionaya Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Student General Artist
My surname is Heritage, which is pretty badass to start with. =P
I can't imagine using a pen name unless I decide to write children's literature and need a clean image.
Twimper Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013   General Artist
Heritage is such a cool name!!
:icononceuponanight23:
OnceUponANight23 Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I would totally chose K.S.Brou (my initials and my amazing surname wich I love) :D
Twimper Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013   General Artist
that is an grate name! ^_^
:icononceuponanight23:
OnceUponANight23 Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
haha thank you very much!
:iconmirz-alt:
mirz-alt Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013   General Artist
My maiden name is a long, difficult to pronounce Polish name. So, for years I wrote under the name "Airial Diana Mark."  Yes, deliberately went for a wonky spelling for the traditional "Ariel."  Later, I decided I didn't mind so much my first name, so I switched to "Michelle Mark."  Of course, all of that became moot when I married and ended up with a rather pronounceable last name, which I use now.

That said, my father was a stage performer and used the name "Michael Richards" for the same reason. Long, difficult to say ethnic last name.
i like all of them ^_^ hehe. though Airial makes me think of the littel mermade. but then again my name 'shelley' may make most people think of babie's little sister.
:icondjdanilly:
djdanilly Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Professional General Artist
If anyone needs a proofreader contact me.
:iconmagpiemcgiggles:
MagpieMcGiggles Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't know what I would pick or which route I'd take. Would I take the road e.e. cumming did? No capitalization, would I use initials? I like initials because male readers tend to read male authors or those that use initials. Or would I take one at all? If I did....I'd probably take a funny name. I dislike super serious things and my pen name would most likely reflect that.
ah yes. like my second choose of pen name after Dune Towers is Androgynous fudge. =)
:iconmagpiemcgiggles:
MagpieMcGiggles Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Pfft, that's awesome. I'd probably choose my username. It's my derby name, but I like it a lot and it's very fitting.
hehe ^_^ i love it!
:icongraphospasm:
Graphospasm Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013   Writer
I was published for the first time this year and I used a pen name. I took a nickname I had in childhood (one that makes sense, not "pookie bear" or something) and my grandmother's maiden name. I'm really close to her and she's the one who supported my decision to write for a living.
aww that's really nice. where were you published?
:icongraphospasm:
Graphospasm Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013   Writer
I was published in the winter 2012 edition of The Gettysburg Review, a literary journal. :)
ohhh very nice =)
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
I would use the initials of my first and middle name along with my last name.
that's always a good one to do so you can clame your fame very easy if you want to =) hehe
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Writer
I will use 'Skipjack Chang'. The first bit sounds good, my mother's surname is 'Chang'.
Twimper Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013   General Artist
nice! at first i read that as Shyjack change witch is pretty cool too ^_^
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Student Writer
(Nods).
:iconlarkwingstudios:
LarkwingStudios Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student General Artist
Probably Larxene Scout, since it's my 'alter-ego's' full name, or if I wrote a book in first person for whatever reason I'd use the name of the main character. Or KTD/Kid, since that's an abbreviated/shortened version of one of my other screen names. X3
i love Larxene Scout! sounds epic!
:iconkorukikonaru:
KorukiKonaru Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
I'm using my pen name right now, Koruki Konaru. Though I probably wouldn't use it in professional writing.
I think I would use an alias because then I can be famous without attracting attention to myself everywhere I go.
that sounds pretty cool! and yeah that's why i would use one too.
:iconprismaticmemories:
PrismaticMemories Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
I tend to use Radiant Rainbow or Rampage Wonders
Twimper Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013   General Artist
aww they are both really pretty names!
:iconwebkinzagirl:
webkinzagirl Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
For English class, we were supposed to interview an adult we knew about a life changing event in their high school education. Since I'm super shy, I faked an interview with myself under a fake name. Not until I printed the paper did I realize how fake the name sounded (Clare Sky = clear sky) but went with it anyway. After that, I've used that fake name for my alias: it's so fake, it must be real! =P
Twimper Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013   General Artist
haha! XD love it! i have to say i tend to think that way...i mean i called my OC Dune Towers...as in sand Dunes. but it still works as i name i think.
:) I like it; it has an interesting ring to it.
hehe thanks =) he's my fav OC of all time...so much so that i can't stop makeing his world crash down around him XD i'm such a mean RPGer.
:lol: I don't normally RP much; I like to be in control of the story too much. ;P
haha but that's half the fun of RPG's that your not total in control of the story but in control of the character(s). XD it tests your charter development to the max as you never know what might end up happening.
My charter development? :lol:

I don't mean be in control in the way of steering the plot, but keeping all the other characters from being total Mary-Sues/Gary-Sues. It happens all too often. :stare:
yeah. how well you know your character.

hehe. well i'm lucky that i have an awesome RP partner that makes her characters realistic. we go have to do time skips now and then if someone has been injured but yeah it still works well. =) but i know what you mean it's easy to fall into the same old OC's again and again. every one gose for the street wise hard guy. where as i have an OC call Blaze who is a weedy, nervous, somewhat shy guy. =)
(1 Reply)
:iconrobertripley:
RobertRipley Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Caecilia Maupin

Caecilia was my nickname in latin class, and Maupin in the surname of one of my ancestors
oh i like it! ^_^ the second name is very interesting!
Its an old French name from my Huegunot ancestor who fled France in 1700
oh wow. that's really interesting. i'd love to trace my family back to things like that but i have never had the time.
At first it takes some time, but go back far enough and find a certain name and you can find genealogies other people put together for them.
Add a Comment: