Closed to new replies
January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 59

JanNoWriMo

:iconpinkymccoversong:
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Writer
Okay. I'm starting a movement. Right here. And I'm hoping that everyone who joins can check in on this thread throughout the month.

This year I totally bombed NaNoWriMo. I also had an epic fail on CampNaNoWriMo in 2011. And I have this one manuscript that I started for CampNaNo in June that I abanded for a new project that I wrote in August. Point being: Unfinished NaNo drafts -- I has them.

AND SO DO YOU.

JanNoWriMo is a month-long challenge to finish that draft you NaNoFailed. Whether you reached 50k and stopped but still had more plot, or if you only got 15k in, or if you merely outlined and then got distracted by a shiny thing...this movement is for you.

If you want to join, but are some kind of superwinner, use the month to revise your manuscript. Print it out. Mark it up. Input changes! Maybe even find someone to exchange critique with in Feburary. Let's do this.

So, who's in?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconneomerlin:
neomerlin Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student Writer
Ten days left, kids. How's the awesome in here? It doesn't look quite like it's over-flowing, yet.

I hope you guys are rocking it.
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Professional Writer
Oh, lord. I'm so behind. I got to this point where I realized the only way to do this is to cut a POV character and rewrite all her chapters from a different POV...so I could finish a draft by the end of the month, but the last third of the book would be so different from the start it would be more like draft 0.5 than draft 1. SIGH. Thanks ^neurotype for pointing this out. At least I'm further ahead than I was!
:iconneomerlin:
neomerlin Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student Writer
Yes, I have been in similar circumstances. Fortunately I only ended up with small rewrites needed. You have my sympathies on that task.
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Professional Writer
Thanks, bro. :)
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have 200 more pages to edit.
SPANK ME. :iconbangkillplz:
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Professional Writer
I'm in it deep, too. I have to rewrite this damn thing.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
HALP
:iconluinelle:
luinelle Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student Filmographer
I am in the process of finishing my NaNo novel. Been writing for 2 months straight lol...
:iconghostinthepines:
GhostInThePines Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I've really stuck to my schedule... Chapter 20 will be finished by next weekend. Unfortunately, I don't think the plot is going to wrap up nicely at that point, so I'm going to have to add another chapter or two. But that's okay, I guess. At least the end is in sight! Once I get to editing, I'll probably be back to 20 chapters I originally anticipated.
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Writer
Woo! I'm a bit behind, but I think I'll get there.
Add a Comment: