Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 125

Lit. Resolutions

:icondorianharper:
DorianHarper Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Writer
Since 2013 is upon us, I'm curious as to what everyone is planning for the new year (literature-wise)!

Perhaps it's getting back to writing more in general, participating in more contests here on dA, reading more, or even submitting to publications, etc. Did you have any of these plans last year and fulfill them?

What are your hopeful plans or what you're looking forward to when it comes to literature this coming year?

(And happy New Year to everyone!)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I want to start writing more short stories, and maybe try writing a chaptered story.
DorianHarper Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Writer
Sounds like a great plan! Good luck!
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I want to write a children's story about retired robots this year, and I want to read more.
Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with both :D
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013   Digital Artist
I'm going to enter two IRL short story competitions. :la: I've already got some done for the first one.
Yay! :la: Good luck to you!

I need to start looking for more competitions, as well. I used to be so on top of entering and the last few years I've just been lazy.
:iconslightlywinged:
SlightlyWinged Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
This year, my resolution is to write ALL the things! :iconallthethingsplz:

No, but seriously. I've made up stories in my head for as long as I could remember, and every now and then I'd write maybe the first chapter of one up. I've only seriously decided to write a few months ago, when I decided I'd finally jot down a story that's been bugging me for about seven years. It's now almost 30,000 words long.

I've decided that if this little idea in my brain could get that long, (I know it's not novel length, but it's something) what could my other ideas be like? So I'm writing out some of the bigger stories that have stuck in my brain through the months and years.
DorianHarper Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional Writer
Yay! :la:

Best of luck to you, this year! Seems like a big project but it will definitely be fulfilling if you achieve your goal!
:iconslightlywinged:
SlightlyWinged Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It'll certainly keep me busy, at the very least. :lmao: Thank you!
:iconnightwind-dragon:
Nightwind-Dragon Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
By the end of the year, I hope to have something published. Even if it's full of drabbles and only about two really short stories...
If not that: Then flood my watchers with those same drabbles and short short stories. XD
But really, I want to try and do a drabble a day, even if I don't submit them to DA until a month later. >.>
Add a Comment: