Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Literature on DA

:iconhorrorkitten337:
HorrorKitten337 Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've been a member of DeviantArt for a few months. My main focus is literature. I have a really hard time getting my writing noticed. I've joined groups, I'm active in the community, I comment frequently, yet I rarely get feedback. I've been told to try other websites, which I'm looking into. I don't adapt well to change, and the other sites are different and unfamiliar to me. I like DA, and would like to continue posting my stories here. I just wish I had more watchers interested in writing. When I started out, I tried out fanfiction. I got loads of comments and feedback. But, I found fanfiction wasn't for me, and that I much rather preferred writing original stories. Once I did that, everything changed. I still get a comment every now and then, but I would like more feedback. I'm not being greedy, I hope I don't come off that way. I like feedback because it lets me know how I'm doing. I can't improve or know if what I'm writing is even decent if I don't know how my readers feel. It's frustrating. I love writing, it's what I do. I just like to know how my writing effects my readers.

I'm sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated. I thought the Lit forum might be a better place for suggestions and advice than say, the Complaints forum.

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Dec 31, 2012  Student Interface Designer
Sounds like you're on the right track :) once you're active in the community and comment a lot, it just takes some time to continue doing that. It's a bit hard to believe that you comment frequently when you have made only 173 comments in the past 4-5 months - that's only about one per day and that includes your replies to comments you get. So my first suggestion is, comment a lot more on literature by other underappreciated writers. Or make that one comment a day a very special and indepth one :D You could start by critiquing some work in the Monthly Critique Thread to the top of this forum.

Have you joined #CRLiterature? That's the best place to start in the literature community, groups-wise. I recommend you check out their journals and participate in a few of the projects/challenges/etc.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: This doesn't promote discussion and is better suited to your journal—I'm not sure what you're asking for, but [link] is a good place to start looking.
Add a Comment: