Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 58
:iconpinkymccoversong:
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Professional Writer
...DOESN'T COUNT AS A CRITIQUE PARTNER.

Your mom, your bff, your grandma, or that guy from the office are all going to tell you that you're awesome. So who do you get to read your work for feedback?

Do you have a critique partner?
Who reads your work?
How do you feel about SERIOUS feedback?
If you don't have critique partners, what are you doing to change this?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconliliwrites:
LiliWrites Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
*ShadowedAcolyte is pretty good about making sure he doesn't miss any dusty nook or cranny that needs inspection. :B I have so many luffs for him for it. :D
:icontales-of-haven:
Tales-of-Haven Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
a.) unfortunately...I don't. :I

b.) myself, the occasional classmate, teacher if it's for an assignment

c.) I'd love to have someone rip my stuff apart. I need it.

d.) forcing people to read my shit. Shoving my notebook at them. :I
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Writer
Maybe you should try giving some feedback here on dA -- maybe start in the monthly critique thread -- and find some folks you can exchange critique with.
:icontales-of-haven:
Tales-of-Haven Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Hmm...sounds like a good idea. I guess I'll have to brush off my critiquing skills
:iconseeyouinjune:
seeyouinjune Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I love my mom.
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Writer
And?
:iconseeyouinjune:
seeyouinjune Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
and I love mah daddy too.
:iconmightybearrr:
mightybearrr Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Filmographer
My dad is the closest thing to a critique partner that I have. He's pretty objective with what I write and if there's something he really feels is amiss he'll ask me about it. It also helps that he's been published before.

While my friends and family do pretty much "pat me on the ass" when they read my stuff, a few of those people will help point out errors that I may miss. So at least what they say isn't too congratulatory to be useful.
:iconirononiji:
iroNoNiji Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You obviously don't know my mum. She says what I'm writing is shit before she reads it :D

a)
Do I have a critique partner?
No, not really, although I do know some people who have a _relatively_ neutral stance. And DA helps a bit.
b)
about ten people on DA. And that's pretty much it.
c)
I love it. Really do.However, I'd really like it if people told me what was good, if anything, and what was complete and utter crap.
d)
DA and the rest of the internet. I think as a native English speaker stuck in Germany I don't have much of a choice do I? And that's what the interwebs is for, righ'?
:iconpaperairplan-e:
paperairplan-e Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I don't really have a critique partner since I'm to scared to show anyone my works. I guess that implies being a real wimp about critiques to begin with. I should probably get one.

I show most of my works to my mother and, YES I know you said she doesn't count. But she doesn't think of me as an exception when it comes to giving out her opinion about my work. Actually, I don't get much of the "You're awesome" from her. Maybe she is being a little bit more gentle with me than with others but I think she counts. After all, she doesn't have this urge to hold back any of her thoughts no matter how striking and painful they can be.
Add a Comment: