Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 263

If you could write a novel, what would it be about and why?

:iconofonesoul:
OfOneSoul Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I really wanna' know. :stinkeye:

When someone asks me what I'm writing - I usually always spit out a brand new novel summary. I can never stay focused on a novel idea long enough to finish it. Eventually I'm sure I'll manage to settle down and curb stomp one out... into my laptop's disk space. But for now, I'm procrastinating with these random thoughts - :paranoid:

We all have thousands of ideas & want-tos when we begin writing; so I wanna' know...

What's one of your novel want-tos & why? :iconiloveyouplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconslightlywinged:
SlightlyWinged Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have two novel ideas, both that desperately want to be published.

The first one is a group of were-animals (werewolf, werecat, and werebird) that become superheroes. It's less cliche than it sounds, really. :slow:

The second one is stupid and has no plot, but I'll at least write it out. For all I know, it might go somewhere. :shrug:
OfOneSoul Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
There's no harm in trying, right? :huggle:
:iconslightlywinged:
SlightlyWinged Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
True. :la:
:iconneiot:
Neiot Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've technically already started a novel series six years ago. I am only going to officially write the thing in three years from now.
It might be rather cliche, but right now, I am trying my best not to make it seem cliche.

In the shortest possible way of explaining this, the novel series will be about a twenty five year old woman who is unwillingly transformed to a beast. As this beast, she claims the fate of protecting the Pacific Northwest from a dragon-like creature who, strangely enough, is literally excreting fecal material, puss and mucus from his many orifices.
OfOneSoul Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Very twisted - it is original, however; so you've done very well not being cliche. Good luck with it, darling! :iconrubcheeksplz:
Neiot Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ah, I appreciate the compliment. I will return the favor by wishing you luck on what ever you are doing with your time. :iconblanklaplz:
:iconsupertighthugplz:
Neiot Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Why? Because it is about... myself. In a fictional form, of course.
Trust me, I am also trying my best not to make the protagonist look like a Mary Sue.
:icondevilkid-chan:
DevilKid-chan Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, I guess I've noticed a pattern in my last few ideas ^^
I like things which are semi-based off of reality, so it's our kind of world, but there'll usually be something random introduced which is important. I've got a few ideas going, I'd explain them in full but I'm about to log off :XD: I have a projects section on my profile if you want information. :meow:
The best way to start a fantasy/fiction (in my opinion), is to start with reality and then lead the reader in. :nod:
Add a Comment: