Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 117

Change For Us Writers

:iconbeauty-elevates:
Beauty-Elevates Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Writer
I love DA but why do the writers not get as much attention as other visual artist? I mean I know read a story or poem is more time consuming then glancing at a picture but our work takes about as many drops of blood, sweat,and tear maybe more.

I just want to do something to help us get the attention we get as other artist. I would like ideas and answers please. I do not think I am the only one who feels this way but I think it needs to change.
~~~~

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
PS. this is for anyone who honest to god(s) thinks only writers have this issue on dA. [link]
:iconraspil:
raspil Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   Writer
nice

anyone who thinks writers are the only one with this issue... this is a life issue. I remember being the new kid in school and the way to make friends with people is to NOT FLING SHIT AT THEM but get to know them, knowing the ones who had been there since kindergarten were the ones who knew more than me. this is no different but it's on the internet so it doesn't count? wuhevs.

you don't assimilate yourself with people by shitting on them. if they're shitting on you, maybe you did something to cause that to happen. accept responsibility that you did it wrong. and if you didn't do anything but say hello and they shit on you, maybe they're not a group you need to be around OR you're not ready for a bunch of personalities that are stronger than yours. that's all i'm saying with new people coming to this forum. there is no welcome wagon here. watch what we do, get to know us first. give us more than a day.

AND NO we're not "better than you" because we were here first, we're just here first and we know each other. when outsider/new people come in with hella attitude and then get mad that we're not more welcoming ... man, FUCK THAT SHIT.

/toss the mic
Also, I don't understand why people think it's only everyone else who should change their attitudes to be friendlier or whatever. No one is asking you to change, either.
because it's all about them.
Probably. But seriously, first day of school, it wasn't like you could do whatever the fuck you wanted and hope the teacher kissed your ass anyway.
it was never that way when i was growing up. there was still fear in the classroom. if you fucked up, you got called out for it in front of everyone.
Same here, dude. I haven't heard it's any different now. I think people just expect more asspats online.
people who expect asspats for doing nothing but the bare minimum are idiots and i have no sympathy for them.
(1 Reply)
:iconlighteremoteplz:
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   Digital Artist
And the bronze sculpture community, the egg tempera community, the web design community, the glassblowing community, the animiwamaguri (the cute crochet thing) community. :D
Add a Comment: