Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

When is the best time to write?

:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
When are you usually feeling inspiration? When is the best time for you to write?

For me, it's either at school or really really really late at night. Or early in the morning, depends on how you look at it. ^_^

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsilvertidalwave:
SilverTidalWave Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Writer
I'm the same as you, I prefer writing really, really late at night. (Or early morning, if you want to get technical. XD)
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Whenever I have the time. :)
:iconali-st:
Ali-St Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Like really really late at night. I feel like it helps me unwind just before I go to bed. I can get a lot done because there are less distractions and I'm really focused on finishing my alloted words that I want to do for that day. Also, I can't put it off any longer because it is the end of the day. :)
:iconvglory:
vglory Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Whenever I get the chance.
:iconchibilovett:
ChibiLovett Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Usually at night. I can write during the day, but it typically ends up horrible and I edit the crap out of it as soon as the sun goes down. I also seem to get better the more tired I get for some reason. A lot of my best pieces were written just before I fell asleep. Well, this is true at least for the actual writing part.

As for getting ideas, they can come at any time...usually at the worst times when I have nowhere to write them down.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Never and never.
:iconlucy-merriman:
Lucy-Merriman Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
My brain decides to have ideas whenever it's most inconvenient for me ^^;.

However, I used to be on a pretty consistent schedule where I'd come home from work, unwind for an hour (usually by watching a show on Netflix), then write for an hour or two. Then I'd take another break--maybe get a quick dinner with friends, then do homework. Then, if I feel really inspired, jam a few more paragraphs in before I go to bed.

But now my work/uni schedule's all wonky and I've just been goofing off, not really working on a particular project, so lately it's been like, "scribble something for half an hour and then Tumblr all the time."

I...yeah, I'm not a good writing role model for anyone.
:iconskygal333:
skygal333 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Whenever inspiration strikes. Which, for me, is when I least suspect it.

And suddenly this topic makes me think spongebob.
"The best time to write something....is all the time! Maybe a poem. A haiku. That's the kind! Cause when you're writing, that one special story..."
:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I love that episode! :lol:
:iconmadoldhag:
MadOldHag Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
About 3 AM. Or when I am waiting for a train/sitting in a train.
Add a Comment: