Closed to new replies
December 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

When is the best time to write?

:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
When are you usually feeling inspiration? When is the best time for you to write?

For me, it's either at school or really really really late at night. Or early in the morning, depends on how you look at it. ^_^

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsilvertidalwave:
SilverTidalWave Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Writer
I'm the same as you, I prefer writing really, really late at night. (Or early morning, if you want to get technical. XD)
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Whenever I have the time. :)
:iconali-st:
Ali-St Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Like really really late at night. I feel like it helps me unwind just before I go to bed. I can get a lot done because there are less distractions and I'm really focused on finishing my alloted words that I want to do for that day. Also, I can't put it off any longer because it is the end of the day. :)
:iconvglory:
vglory Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Whenever I get the chance.
:iconchibilovett:
ChibiLovett Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Usually at night. I can write during the day, but it typically ends up horrible and I edit the crap out of it as soon as the sun goes down. I also seem to get better the more tired I get for some reason. A lot of my best pieces were written just before I fell asleep. Well, this is true at least for the actual writing part.

As for getting ideas, they can come at any time...usually at the worst times when I have nowhere to write them down.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Never and never.
:iconlucy-merriman:
Lucy-Merriman Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
My brain decides to have ideas whenever it's most inconvenient for me ^^;.

However, I used to be on a pretty consistent schedule where I'd come home from work, unwind for an hour (usually by watching a show on Netflix), then write for an hour or two. Then I'd take another break--maybe get a quick dinner with friends, then do homework. Then, if I feel really inspired, jam a few more paragraphs in before I go to bed.

But now my work/uni schedule's all wonky and I've just been goofing off, not really working on a particular project, so lately it's been like, "scribble something for half an hour and then Tumblr all the time."

I...yeah, I'm not a good writing role model for anyone.
:iconskygal333:
skygal333 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Whenever inspiration strikes. Which, for me, is when I least suspect it.

And suddenly this topic makes me think spongebob.
"The best time to write something....is all the time! Maybe a poem. A haiku. That's the kind! Cause when you're writing, that one special story..."
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I love that episode! :lol:
:iconmadoldhag:
MadOldHag Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
About 3 AM. Or when I am waiting for a train/sitting in a train.
I write at 3 am too!
:iconmadoldhag:
MadOldHag Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
At this time I am too tired to worry, but at the same time still feel creative. I also can be sure that no one will call or otherwise disturb me. Unfortunately I can't stay up all night every day ...
:iconrowanf:
RowanF Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
Usually late at night :) The only problem with this is that when inspiration strikes I often have to go to bed -_-
Ugh don't you hate it when that happens?

You could always just stay up anyways. ~_^
:iconrowanf:
RowanF Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
Yes, so annoying :<

True :D it can be a little hard as I share a room with a brother who likes to sleep early xD
:iconbeauty-elevates:
Beauty-Elevates Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Writer
When I am with others I get all my ideas but also late at night. When I am with other I see their interactions and I get inspiration. But when it get really late and I am laying down listening to music is when my writing is at it's best.
Late at night seems to be best for most people.
:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Writer
Late at night is generally best for ideas (I remember reading an article on why being slightly drunk or tired works well for creativity, but I doubt I could find it again), but all editing and generally making it worth reading happens when in mid afternoon or early evening when I'm at my best mentally.
:iconshurely:
Shurely Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
For me, inspiration comes from everywhere: after playing video games, travelling between classes at school, just before I go to bed etc. The best time for me to write is when the internet's off. If the internet's on, I never get anything done, because somehow - somehow - I just end up surfing the internet.
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
At night. Or any other time that people won't bother me.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
When I'm very sleep-deprived. I tend to be more inspired and creative then.
:iconneomerlin:
neomerlin Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Writer
When I want to. We should find ways to flip the switch and turning the writing on. Writers shouldn't need to wait for inspiration or until they are "in the zone". I think this is just part of the skill set writers should develop.
:iconbossanovaink:
BossanovaInk Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
In the evening or first thing in the morning (when I don't have work or school). It used to be very very late at night till around 2-3 am, but my schedule doesn't allow me to stay up that late anymore...well, it does, but I'd be absolutely miserable the entire next day given what time I'd have to wake up. My brain tends to shut down past midnight, so if I'm still feeling creative I'll draw instead as that takes very little active thinking. I admit, I do like writing when it is dark out though, so around 7-8 is a nice time when I'm pretty much done with what I've needed to do for the day and I can just hunker down on my bed and just work. Either that, or bright and early in the morning, but only if I'm out like at a coffee shop or library, otherwise I'm still usually too tired and wind up just falling back asleep again.
:icontehangelscry:
TehAngelsCry Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
It's also very very very late at night for me XD Maybe the brain just goes haywire!
:iconmerrak:
merrak Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist
1. When are you usually feeling inspiration?

At unpredictable times.

2. When is the best time for you to write?

Late at night/ (~11 to 3), just due to it being quiet.
:iconejjones:
EJJones Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
In the night ... step good time writing the night (not every day) but at night is when I have more opportunities to be able to write.
:iconraspil:
raspil Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012   Writer
when i want to.
:iconslytherinsheiress:
SlytherinsHeiress Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Professional Writer
Either early in the morning or late at night.
:iconsaraalaska:
SaraAlaska Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
WHEREVER, WHENEVER *dances like Shakira*
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
For me, it is at night when everyone else has gone to bed. I don't get interrupted by anyone needing me and I am free to write what I want to without having to explain it.
:iconlookatvoid:
lookatvoid Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
depends on the person. I've heard a lot about people who say they feel sad or upset and that is the better time for them to write, because their feeling flows more easily, or something like that. but that does not work for me. When I have a negative feeling, my mind is blocked. But if Im happy and in calm, I can emulate all the feelings that I need in my writings.
Hmmm interesting.
:iconthefallenangel795:
TheFallenAngel795 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Writer
:iconatnightplz: XD
:iconflummo:
flummo Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student Writer
In school, during class, which is bad for my concentration. I usually end up dropping whatever I should be working on and grabbing for my notebook.

Or early in the morning, when I haven't slept. By the time I'm done the sun is up so I go and have breakfast and review what I've come up with. :laughing:
I do the same thing! :D
:icontheblackbullets:
TheBlackBullets Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Late at night.
Like past midnight?
Add a Comment: