Closed to new replies
December 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 290

Inspiration

:iconrazgriz-3:
Razgriz-3 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
I get the strangest feeling this has been done before, but I'm just gonna go ahead and be my knucklehead self.

The question of the day is, what inspires you to write? That is to say, what, whenever you see (if it's physical) or feel (if it's emotional) or, well, anything else for that matter makes you think, "You know what I should do? I should go write."

For me, it's when I'm feeling sad-like. Put on some bleak music, hole up in a corner of the room, and write about some chick who leaves her husband and then stabs him in the neck from her weatherbeaten husband's perspective.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjodie-woodall:
Jodie-Woodall Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student Filmographer
I get inspired by strangely small things, like someone giving a day-long bus ticket they no longer need to someone waiting for a bus themselves or kids playing football in snow or something. Small things seem to start the annoyingly poetic cogs whirring in my head. Also other literature and some news articles make me feel like writing.

Apparently the play Equus was written because he read a random article about a horse that was blinded, then based the entire thing about why that might have happened, which is pretty cool really :)
Razgriz-3 Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
So acts of random kindness/significance in a story.

Such strange events do spurn ideas. I concur.
:icontiganusi:
tiganusi Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Professional
I am inspired largely by fuckin', and also by insects and birds and the occasional margay.
Razgriz-3 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
Margay? Whassat?
tiganusi Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Professional
Leapords?
tiganusi Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Professional
no, much smaller.
Mouse size?
:icondisappearing-inkwell:
Disappearing-Inkwell Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
i get my inspiration from music, some of the bands are, blind guardian, nightwish and avantasia. the beats are very inspiring. if your a music person they should help you a little too.
Razgriz-3 Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
I am, but I'm more the mellower stuff- or perhaps the weirder stuff. I just discovered Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire.
Add a Comment: