Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

How can I efficiently and aestically associate a poem and it's recording on DeviantArt?

:iconthedorsai:
TheDorsai Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
DeviantArt does not support uploading audio. This is a problem, as I wish to upload recordings of my poetry spoken aloud. A clunky solution would be to upload each recording as a downloadable file, but I do not wish to have two versions of every poem. In a perfect world, the poem and the audio would be on the same page. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmerrak:
merrak Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist
The best solution I can think of is to use Flash.
:icondamonwakes:
DamonWakes Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012   Writer
I'm also interested in linking recordings of my work with the written versions. The main option I can see (not that I've made much use of it yet) is to make the recording available to play somewhere else (I chose SoundCloud) and then just link to that page. I agree that it would be much better to have the written piece and a "play" button right here on deviantART. Still, my method doesn't involve downloading anything (which is a hassle), and doesn't require two versions of your work on deviantART itself.

If you find a more elegant solution, I would be very happy to hear it. #Elocutionists might be worth a look, by the way, if you're not already familiar with the group: they deal with recordings of work, though I haven't really had any experience with them myself yet.
Add a Comment: