Details

Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

A goddess for Percy Jackson fanfic.

:icondrebom:
Hey! I'm trying to write a Percy Jackson fic, but one of my main characters lacks a godly parent. I need a goddess, kind female monster at a stretch, but it should be associated with the underworld. And I don't mean like Persephone. I mean like some sort of demon or goddess of lust or something. His life's pretty messed up. Any ideas?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconavenvia:
Avenvia Dec 9, 2012  Student Writer
I know you said you checked Wikipedia, but surely [link] couldn't really lay it out any easier? Just look through the list of immortals and find a female one that suits your needs. When you have one, research her individually some more. Failing that, look at the underworld itself [link] and see about what was actually meant to reside there.

If there are no Greek figures which work, you have two options: make one up or change the character. I wouldn't recommend making one up, because (in my very limited knowledge, admittedly) the series uses the deities from mythology rather than making them up. Besides, the Greek Gods were pretty messed up regardless of their relation to the underworld, so it's not really a necessary connection if you want to have a messed up child.
Ok, thanks for the help!
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
sacred-texts.com

It would help if we knew how far you'd already gotten.
Not far in the story- just the intro done so far, but I'd like to know exactly who my characters are before I go any further.
I mean in terms of research.
Oh, ok. I've looked on Wikipedia, and read through a bunch of names and descriptions, but I can't find what I'm looking for. Ideas for any other places where I could look would be greatly appreciated!!!
sacred-texts.com :B
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Dec 9, 2012   Digital Artist
Why don't you look up greek mythology in google...
I tried, but it got rather confusing with all the names in a long list, and I couldn't find what i was looking for.
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Dec 9, 2012   Digital Artist
:roll: Seriously?
Add a Comment: