Closed to new replies
December 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 47

How Much Writing Have You Done?

:iconneomerlin:
neomerlin Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Writer
Alright. Time to give ourselves and each other a good old pat on the back. Since we're all writers, we should all be doing some writing when we've got the time or whenever you get the itch. After all, you can't very well be a writer if you're not writing, can you?

Now please, this isn't a "Let's see who wrote more" thread. It's also not "You should feel bad if you only wrote ten words" thread. This is just a "I wrote X words today. Yay for doing what I love!"

Remember, 500 words a day is a sixty thousand word novel in four months. 2 pages a day is a comic script in ten days. But the only goals you need to aim for are yours.

So how many words did you write today?
Bonus points: What did you write about?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I can't count because I've been handwriting.

LIKE A BOSS PSYCHO.
neomerlin Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Writer
I was taught in high school, when writing essays, that you can estimate how many words you've written by counting the words on a single line and then multiplying it by how many lines you've written. It works out to be a very broad estimation, especially if you've written short lines of dialogue.

But I just thought I'd mention it. NOW YOU KNOW.
I know that, but my handwriting changes size and I crossed out a bunch of stuff :P
is handwriting your preferred method?
Not even a little.
:iconmerlok1:
Merlok1 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
today I wrote 3031 words: one chapter for one of my storys with 902 words and alot rough ideas and dialoges for other projects with 2129 words
but i didn't wrote a single word over the last three or four days, but there where neighter motivation nor inspiration back then.
The chapter I wrote brings the first fantasy elements in my scifi world and it was very difficult for me to make it "fit"
:iconsaints-fan-12:
saints-fan-12 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
As of right now, I've written 2,009 words in one fan fiction i'm writing and 16,047 in another (not sure if these count) so if i add that I've written 18,056 words total. Others are finished so i didn't count those, unless you want me to.
:iconthenaughticallife:
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Writer
It's usually only when I get the inspiration to write something. It's not good but for now I have a writing session about once or twice a week.
Ever tried to write without inspiration?
:iconthenaughticallife:
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Professional Writer
I have - It's not any more difficult but I find the finished product impersonal - and I've written some good pieces that way. I don't prefer it.
Add a Comment: