Link

Statistics

Replies: 362

Is poetry or prose harder?

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
-for you, as a person who writes
-why?

I'm not defining anything, so you have to do it else your post won't make sense BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: OP request, AKA y'all haven't been defining your terms. :icongrinstareeyesplz:
:iconactsofart:
ActsofArt Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
hmm. I would say that poetry comes more easily to me, with prose I really have to work at it where as poetry for the most part seems to just flow for me and needs hardly any editing. hints why I have far more poetry pieces than prose :/
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012   General Artist
I struggle mostly with prose. I want to be able to write it, but after a short period I just don't have what I need. It doesn't come together and I just give up.

Poetry, even if it's terrible at least I get it all together and "complete". It has a beginning and an end... prose I can't ever really seem to do that.
:iconnemox7:
NemoX7 Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012   Writer
Hmm I can work well with both. Poetry, which is my main passion. I have developed a structure, which for me, keeps it a look easier than trying to reform a structure all the time. Also it's interesting to see how I can style each poem with a different theme, rhyme scheme, and mix up the word choice/imagery. Prose, on the overhand, is a problem. Since I was a kid I've taken to over-complicating my work. Which makes something quite simple become something inflated and lost in a pile of words. Still poetry I can write off top of my head within seconds, while prose I try and form some kind of plan. Though I prefer reading prose more than poetry (not a fan of non-rhyming poetry, it has to have a sort of beat to it like a song (which is what I try to implement in my own poetry and songs)).
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Professional Artist
Neither is that hard, I just need drive and an idea. In poetry's case, I just usually need to be really ****ing pissed or in some other emotional case.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Professional Artist
state*

not emotional case

Damnit, DA really needs to let people edit their comments some day.
:iconrazgriz-3:
Razgriz-3 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Hmhmhmhmhmhm.... I daresay prose is more difficult for some, and poetry more difficult for others. It's different parts of the brain, in a sense. Need to be more rhythmic for one, more detailed for the other...
:iconrazor13:
Razor13 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
On a good day neither is hard for me. It also depends on what message I want to get out. If I had to choose then prose is harder.

Why? For the simple matter that I seem to have trouble getting some things done on time. >.> NaNoWriMo helped with that. Poetry just seems easier to write because it's often shorter than prose.
:iconvigilo:
Vigilo Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Writer
Prose, because I could never write a person, mostly - that whole idea of having a character escapes me, as in, making someone up and having things done to them and knowing how they would react, and knowing how they are regarding everything? I can't do that. People are too 3D for me.

Prose also tends to require a longer attention span, I think? How do you consistent plot? :lol: I mean, if I tried to write a long story, eventually I'd get bored and throw in dragons having an epic space opera in the plot for fun.
:iconnehasoft:
nehasoft Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
no i never feel that poetry is hard even i always enjoyed it when i was in my school
Add a Comment: