Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Best website to host writers portfolio?

:iconjukeboxbaby:
JukeboxBaby Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
What would the best website be to host a free portfolio for my examples. I'm about to start applying for freelance writing jobs and I want a nice portfolio up. I've seen a ton of website for visual art portfolios but none really for literature. Could you use a blog site? Or do you know better websites? Any advice would be great. I need something I can just link in my online resume.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvglory:
vglory Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
If you want to use a website to represent yourself as a professional writer, I would suggest not using some free host full of easily accessible competitors. It is easy enough to set up your own site for just the cost of a domain name.
:iconpinkymccoversong:
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Writer
I don't think there's really a good reason to have a writing portfolio, unless you're showing technical writing samples. You don't want to put your work out there before it's published, because then publishers will consider it published. One reason I like dA is that you can "store" your work and you can "hide" it from search engines (by making it viewable only to dA members). This way, you can get feedback and critique, and workshop the piece, and when you're ready to submit it you can put it into storage and not worry about publishers seeing it and thinking of it as published. Does that make sense?
:iconsonamyfan362:
SonAmyFan362 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Writer
DeviantART (This site) is a good place to get known.

If you don't wish to use this site for your Literature needs, try Writing.com. I hear that it's a good site. However, I am yet to try it out.
Add a Comment: