Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 325

Writers You Hate

:icontiganusi:
tiganusi Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional
There seems to be a trend of "What writers do you look up to and why?" being a question posed, in high school writers' craft classes and similar places that end up recruiting people onto our lit forums, in effort to help young'uns find their style. This question is nice and all—touchy-feely happiness is good for the feelers—but, let's be real, there's another stab.

What writer do you hate and think is just an overrated piece-of-shit hack, and why?

For me it's e e cummings, because he's a dirty fucking hipster and because everyone tries to be him, poorly, solely on the basis of him being a dirty fucking hipster.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconliliwrites:
LiliWrites Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Stephen King. The man spends three pages describing one room. :B
:iconanotherhappycamper:
AnotherHappyCamper Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Jack Keroauc. He's another hipster who doesn't value introspection enough. He also bad mouthed Herman Hesse, which is unforgivable in my book. Hah, in my book.
:iconkarinta:
Karinta Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student General Artist
The poser known as Christopher Paolini. Plots ripped off wholesale, Mary Sues all over the damn place, not even bothering to research his books; he just annoys the f&^k out of me.
:iconemilyericson:
emilyericson Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I love ee cummings, but to each his own. For me it's Emily Dickinson! I can't stand her poetry. She wrote hundreds of poems and I only know of 3 or 4 that I somewhat like. I don't know why people love her so much.
:iconparadigmfallen:
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Professional Artist
Also, Aristotle. The guy is like a watered down version of Plato, who was a watered down and tweaked version of of Socrates (if I am remembering the names correctly). He is just so preachy and dull. At least Plato's Republic had some neat ideas.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Professional Artist
Dan Ryckert on Game Informer. I hold nothing personal against the guy but just... gah, his reviews are so childish sometimes. And he seems to apparently enjoy hating certain franchises, and yet they keep having him review said games... I just, at this point, don't even comment on his articles unless by accident. He feels less like he's on their writing/editing team for talent, more because he's their pet writer who's meant to be "quirky" in the most annoying ways possible.
:iconanukeorsplatter:
AnukeorSplatter Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
There should be a drinking game for everytime you see Stephanie Meyers.
:iconkarinta:
Karinta Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Student General Artist
Oh..... yes, there should. Bad plots, shallow flat characters, simply horrible.
ParadigmFallen Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Professional Artist
But then what little grammar is left in these posts will be lost!
:iconanukeorsplatter:
AnukeorSplatter Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
True, and this is a literature forum.

Wait... what do I care? I'm underaged.
Add a Comment: