December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 24

Opinion pieces!!

:iconallivegotarerainbows:
allivegotarerainbows Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student General Artist
I need ideas for an opinion piece.
There isn't a specific topic I have to write an opinion on, if there were then I wouldn't be asking you for help. All the ideas I came up with are too common things most people would write an opinion on. I want to write an opinion on something different and unique. Also, something that people will disagree with and agree with. My friend suggested I do it on my opinion on robots and that they are good. I might use that idea, but I need more ideas just in case that one choses to backfire.
So if you have any ideas, and are willing to share them, please do! :)

And, I don't really know if I'll post it on here or not!!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmerrak:
merrak Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist
After I read this was for an application, it occurred to me that you may be missing the point of the assignment. I can't say for certain, because I don't have the requirements in front of me - but at least consider this.

They may not be -just- after seeing how well you can write. Equally likely, they're interested in what kind of person you are. Are you a well-rounded, worldly person and a good critical thinker? Or, have you been living under a rock?
:iconallivegotarerainbows:
allivegotarerainbows Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student General Artist
Yes, I agree with you. My friend suggested I write it on something about funerals and I started to spazz out and telling her that they will think I'm a terrible person and I hate life...etc
merrak Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist
I suppose it depends on what you have to say - but you could write on just about anything as long as you can defend your position. I don't think they'd be judging you on what your opinions are - but rather, whatever they may be, on how well you can defend them.

So I'd suggest not worrying about what they may think of you. If they're objective, they won't care that much.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Nothing is more unusual than yourself. Writing helps to form your opinions.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
"A good chef will never serve mashed potatoes with chunks of citron added in."

It's different and unique!
:iconsirius-the-dog:
Sirius-the-Dog Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Excellent writing will trump the commonality of your opinions.
merrak Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist
I'm a super star at having opinions! And you can be, too, if you follow this simple tutorial. It's as easy as 1 - 2 - Give a damn!

Step 1. Open up Google.
Step 2. Type in "news".
Step Give-a-damn. When you read something that makes you want to strangle humanity, you've found your topic!

Bonus step. Forget originality. Find something you're passionate about.
:icondefaultking:
defaultking Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I love this comment too much.
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Start with this: what interests you? Entertainment (movies, TV, comics, et al)? Politics? Science? Some other category? Let's begin with that,and work from there.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why do you need to write an opinion piece, first of all?
Add a Comment: