Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

I have millions of ideas of stories but i don't know how to like start making them help!!!!!!!!!

:iconcartoonslob:
CartoonSlob Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student General Artist
So i have tons of story ideas and i know what i want them to be about i just dont know how to start making them any help. i dont know what this is it had always been like this.

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: This thread is a duplicate of [link] which I assume is the one you want. In the future, please ask moderators to lock threads before making a duplicate. :) FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?
:iconshannor:
shannor Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
1. Pick one.
2. Write a sentence. Repeat until story is finished.
3. Read what you wrote.
4. Good enough? No? Go to 5. Otherwise, go to 6.
5. Repeat 4.
6. Publish.

I'm sorry, I really can't provide you any more help than that, it really is that simple.
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012   Digital Artist
First step: pick one.

Have you ever written a story before?
yes :D
well outline that was basically a story because i got to into the story lol
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012   Digital Artist
Well, then just make an outline and start the story. (You'll get more helpful help If you asked a more specific question. ;P)
ok ill make a more specific post
:iconshininginthedarkness:
:iconmarypoppinsplz::iconsaysplz:Let's start at the very beginning! A very good place to start!
sure
:iconhoubledelix:
HoubleDelix Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I have to start writing a story in my head before I can begin typing otherwise I'll just be shut down by blank paper syndrome.
If you're like me then you should maybe choose one idea for now, get really into it, go to bed and start imagining everything, describing everything in words. Rearrange those words, find a good place to start, and run through your narration several times in your head before moving on.

I found when taking a writing workshop that if I had a sentence handed to me as a jumpstart, the story could just spring off of that no problem. It just gets tricky when you have to write the first sentence yourself :shrug:
Add a Comment: