Closed to new replies
November 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Anyone writing Bizarro Fiction?

:iconhoubledelix:
HoubleDelix Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I don't yet but I'm trying. Tell me stuff if you want to.
What are your inspirations? What are your stories? Are your characters crazy or are they reacting to a bizarre world? Blood and guts? Ducks?

I've read two Bizarro books so far: The Greatest Fucking Moment in Sports and Shatnerquake.
I'm inspired by both of those, surreal art, the world, and this 10-hour wahaha~ video I'm listening to now.
If you ask about my story, I'll probably tell you and ruin all the intricate (snort snort) plot twists, which is fine. They'll probably go out of date as I continue to wrestle with the ideas.

If this type of fiction makes you want to barf, we can talk about that too.
Or not, as the case may be.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Sounds . . . random. I think I wanna read this! :D
HoubleDelix Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
It's beautifully improper :dummy:
:iconechointhevoid:
EchoInTheVoid Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Writer
Well I just finished a story about cannibalistic hillbillies in the apocalypse, I am hoping to do a non fiction ghost story tonight as well. But, my weirdest subject I think I am starting for creative writing class; is, about a skeleton and a brony vs. space cats :D
HoubleDelix Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
That sounds so epic! There's always room in my heart for space cats.
Cannibalistic apocalyptic hillbillies sound fun to read about. Is the story written from their perspective?
And might I inquire how you're doing a non-fiction ghost story? I'm guessing massive creativity. However you do it, exciting! :la:
:iconechointhevoid:
EchoInTheVoid Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Writer
Yes, space cats are such cuddly and yet violent things aren't they?
The cannibal story is written from their 3rd person perspective, as for the ghost story I hope to go to a haunted place and see an apparition and prove my false beliefs wrong :D
I wish you luck! :D
:icondamonwakes:
DamonWakes Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012   Writer
I'm not sure. I write weird stuff sometimes (particularly when there's a really, really tight deadline), and though it's certainly bizarre, I don't know if it ticks all the boxes for bizarro. I've had a drunk Superman disrupting a sporting event, a man riding an alpaca down a mountain while being repeatedly slapped with a fish, and an accidental doughnut apocalypse, but I'm not sure any of those things can really match up to Shatnerquake. I'm tempted to read that, having had a look at its Goodreads page, but I feel like one William Shatner is more than enough, to be honest. :p
That's a fair assessment :P
I guess one of the things about Bizarro is the sort of B-movie/cult film aesthetic, which includes a casual spilling of guts. Though maybe that isn't necessary, I don't know. Your stories sound totally awesome in any case. Fish-slapping is almost always aces for me.

Just found out there is actually a Bizarro book called "Die You Doughnut Bastards"
[link]
:icondamonwakes:
DamonWakes Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012   Writer
That's kind of cool! :slow: I wasn't aware anyone else had used doughnuts in that way, though I should probably mention that mine weren't sentient in any way. Just regular doughnuts.
HoubleDelix Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
That's fair, a doughnut apocalypse is pretty badass any way you put it :P
Add a Comment: