Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 83

How many (if any) of your characters would kill you for what you've put them through?

:iconexoticjackal:
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist
I'm pretty sure my shifter would, if she found out I was the one who caused her so much trouble. I killed her parents when she was five, killed her sister and last remaining blood relative, made her fall in love with someone she can't have, because she's forced to marry someone else, and she can never have children.
There's a war going in in all this as well.
I truly think she'd either torture me, murder me, or both.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconclockwisedream:
ClockwiseDream Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Well, so far I got one, 'cause I've written only one whole story, but I'm pretty sure that even those that don't have pages yet would definitely try to kill me without thinking twice about it, since most of them are killers, rebels or dark characters of some sort anyway xD
:iconvoaz-kzrhovb:
Voaz-Kzrhovb Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My zombie OC Lucas for killing him in thenfirst place, and giving him a stalker who wants to kill him and dates the chick he loves
My prince for making him watch his wife and children slaughtered in front of him and losing his soul, leaving only one of his sons alive, likely never to see him again,
His wife, for being killed,

All of his kids for making them be killed,

His father for making his son suffer and fall in love with a mermaid I the first place, and his surviving son for doing all of the above basically

My Disney OC would probably punch me in the face for nearly killing him, but then hug me for marrying him off to the one he loved in the end, but then he would punch me again for giving him a bad childhood and little reputation.
:iconsimplebend:
SimpleBend Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist
Most of them. I think. Especially my MCs :'D. Funny thing is that I once had a dream like this. One of my protagonists found out I was the one to make his life miserable, and vowed to kill me. Good times, good times...
:iconsaraalaska:
SaraAlaska Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Nearly all of them.
Tam will kill me for framing her, making her half fey, and nearly die.
Lynn would kill me because of her curse
Prince Jason would kill me because of his years loathing for Tam that wasn't right.
Jacob would kill me for killing Ruth.
Ruth would kill me for nearly killing everyone in the books.
Isabella would torture be just because same with Damon but then he would kill me.
Pyry would hate me.
Sadie would want to kill me but wouldn't for making her seeing love as weakness and giving her so much responsiblity.
Jace would kill me for giving him compitition for Jennifer
Ethan would hate me for the same reason.
Jennifer would hate me.
James would just torture me.
yeah most of my favorites would.....
:iconvampirenyan:
VampireNyan Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
all of them. except 2 or 3... :)

time to wear some armour.... :lol:
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Also, I love all the people coming in to tell you that the question was not valid somehow, lol.
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Pretty much all of them except two. Or three depending on your point of view.
:iconalysataladay:
AlysaTaladay Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Most of them are not the type to kill over something like that, although I think they would hate me with the deepest possible loathing. ^_^;;
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist
Yeah, some of my characters would just flat out hate me :lol: But this one, and two others have it in their nature to kill. And only one of the three wouldn't kill me. xD
:iconzurthuryx:
Zurthuryx Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
A lot of characters in our novel would want to kill me and my co-author, especially the six main ones. We put them through Hell and then put them through something worse. A big part of the Darkquisition series is an exercise in how many bad things we can throw at our characters and how fucked up we can make them. These things can be physical, emotional, spiritual, or psychological. We do this because it makes the series exciting, interesting, unsettling, and memorable.
:iconchibilovett:
ChibiLovett Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Probably most of them. I'm not kind to my literary children. xD Actually I have a reputation for writing really depressing and often twisted stories, so I mean I get vicious, especially if you count my short stories. Clarissa was literally scarred for life by her own mother and is forever doomed to a perpetual belief of ugliness. Lily was killed by her uncle at age six and was forced to linger spiritually around her house while both of her parents died, her murderer went forever unpunished, and the house became empty and unfamiliar. Magdalene had her heart ripped out by a witch. And those are just from the ones I've actually shared on here. But I think the one I'd be the most worried about is Katerina. I'm not even halfway done with her story and she's already been through hell. She's got it the worst out of all of my characters, and she also happens to be immortal and could kill me without even trying. :omg:

But I doubt I'll ever stop. :typerhappy:
:iconsinisterwonderland:
sinisterwonderland Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
i killed them, why wouldn't they kill me?
:iconmadamethibodeau:
MadameThibodeau Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
For my main story, none of them would kill me. For the smut or comedy I write about them on the side... I'd be dead a thousand times over by now XD *giggles* golden moustaches...
:iconcarmalain7:
Carmalain7 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
My characters have killed me multiple times before bringing me back utilizing special one-use objects of resurrection i bestowed upon them, so that they could kill me again.
:icondrebom:
drebom Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
I forced mine through losing parents, traumatic childhoods, bullyingand months of being stuck with no progression in their stories.. One's even become a half-mew (pokemon) hybrid after a car crash killed him(its complicated). If they knew about me, I would probably be in a world of pain right now.
:iconshurely:
Shurely Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
If my characters were real, I would be hunted down, interrogated and then tortured to the point of insanity, and then tortured more. They're a vicious, cold bunch, which makes me very glad they exist only in my head and won't be popping my eyeballs out of their sockets any time soon.
:iconbeccajs:
BeccaJS Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012   Writer
I'm confused.
:iconpinkymccoversong:
PinkyMcCoversong Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional Writer
If your characters aren't going through shit, it's not interesting. So hopefully you're doing horrible things to your characters and creating tension and directing the story forward in the most interesting way possible.
:iconkagamika:
Kagamika Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So many would want to kill me. It's easier to count the ones who don't care about themselves, but would kill me for hurting the ones they care for. Around 12 so far, heroes AND villains. Scary part, half of them are necromancers, I can't just kill them off...I'm sure that they'll just torture me because at the moment they only exist in my mind. They'll disappear without anything to prove they existed, a fate they already hate.
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
As I usually use an author avatar as a minor character, I can almost certainly say that yes, all my other characters would try to kill me.
:iconfranklinstudios:
FranklinStudios Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
12.... though ive only had 3 with bad backgrounds
:iconmetarex12:
Metarex12 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Student General Artist
All of them.
:iconlupina24:
Lupina24 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
At least five, including a cameo of a friend of mine. I killed him off. most recently I've caused a full grown man to cry by killing a stray dog he picked up. and geez, let's not get into any short stories I've done.
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist
Oh jeez. I wasn't even thinking of short stories. XD I have a good number of characters added then.
:iconle-kaikai:
Le-Kaikai Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Accepting the hypothetical situation where my characters would spontaneously materialize into reality from the inner workings of my mind and the words that describe them...
I wouldn't die immediately.
I mostly have villainous characters. Sadistic bastards. They would torture me slowly and painfully, laughing as I cried and begged for mercy. They would let me go hungry, bit would not let me starve. They would let my throat become parched, but not let me dehydrate. They would heal my wounds at the bare minimum just to rip them open again and rub in salt. Then, they would trap me in a very dark place where I'd never see sunlight again.

And I would be so proud because I taught them well.
:iconshurely:
Shurely Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
That...was beautiful.
Le-Kaikai Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
Thank you~
I busted out laughing at the last line. XD Good author!
Le-Kaikai Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
It's true, though. That's what my villains would do (okay, maybe two of them would actually kill me on the spot). That's their personality.
I don't see how a character whom I've given a dreadful life would jump at the chance to murder me. If its not in their character to kill, I don't understand why they would. Of course, certain emotional situations arise, but even then I have characters who would only kill if it was an accident in an act of self defense. One character I have would, at the most, slap me across the the face and then apologize immediately after simply because it's against her nature to be violent.

Things to think about...
:iconlartovio:
Lartovio Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student General Artist
Figuratively, ignoring the fact that they're fictional and it wasn't me who directly tortured them, yes. Most of them would at least dislike me.
I like to think a good number of my characters like me. Like, they might go through some bad stuff, but it usually all works out. But I think my newest character might be the one I'm going to end up putting through the most hell.
Most of my characters feel like they've been through hell....
:iconneomerlin:
neomerlin Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Writer
Probably none. Few of the minor characters tend towards murder or have bad things happen to them.

I've never written about a protagonist who kills people as if it was no big deal.

And the villains have a lot to thank me for because odds are usually stacked in their favour.

Oh and every character I write share a unique moral code - both heroes and villains - that forbids them from murdering people named Carl. Yup. So assuming they were real in any way shape or form, their code forbids them from killing me no matter what I do to them.
I've never written about a protagonist who kills people as if it was no big deal.

:lol:
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Given that we actually see them as humans here, instead of mere words.... probably all of them. They weren't that good and likable from the beginning. They're just highly amusing to write about =P
:iconneomerlin:
neomerlin Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Writer
Given that we actually see them as humans here, instead of mere words
Speak for yourself :P

You may want to be careful with that kind of comments. It's getting folks all riled up in the thread next door.
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I merely ment that the topic started referred to the character as actual human beings, instead of mere words.

I don't know how it's with you, but if my characters were real human beings, and I did that to them... they would certainly NOT like me. That's why I'm glad they're just characters :D
:icondefor:
DeFor Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student
I suppose my characters have pretty terrible lives, but I've never thought of it like I was putting them through it. It's just their life, it's the only way it could have been. If different things had happened, they would be different people, and they wouldn't be my characters.

But, looking at it your way, I don't think any would kill me, as they aren't especially murderous... Well, some of them are, but I think they'd realize that killing me wouldn't change their past.
I might be eaten by a hyena, though.
Eaten by a hyena... I'm curious, why? XD
:icondefor:
DeFor Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student
Hyenas appear somewhat regularly in my stories, and if I were to spend any time with one of them, it's feasible that I would end up dead. Or at least badly bitten.
:iconshannor:
shannor Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If my characters were real people, looking over my shoulder at my plot summaries for upcoming chapters, let's just say my computer screen would probably be covered in my own brain matter in short order. I don't have a single character who wouldn't want to do me in. That said, I think at least some of them might be smart enough to consider the ramifications of killing their own creator, so that might stay their hands, since without me, nothing would ever change for them, they'd be living the last scene I wrote for them for the rest of their lives.
:iconscee-kel:
Scee-Kel Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
...All of them, probably. Except maybe a side character or two.

Then again, I can just kill them at will.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Pretending for a moment I see characters as more than words.... Bitches better be grovelling. I am their god, and if it pleases me to test their faith by putting them through hell I will. :stare:
:lol: If they ever come to life, I'll remind mine of this.
:iconraspil:
raspil Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012   Writer
none because they're NOT REAL
:iconduhplz:
then why are you asking such a stupid question if all you have to respond to me with is that. THINK
Cuz I'm pretty sure it's obvious this is a HYPOTHETICAL question. :iconduhplz:
so you're in here wasting everyone's time with stupid fucking hypotheticals that you already know the answer to? then this thread needs to be locked because there's nothing to discuss.
:icondragonflae:
Dragonflae Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
And you're an asshole :lol:
Add a Comment: