Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Group/Club Help

:iconlalsred85:
Lalsred85 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Hello! Been on DA for years and I've been thinking about submitting my written work to some groups. But the sheer amount of groups for Literature are staggering, and I'm not even sure where to begin really.

My works are primarily free verse/spoken word poetry and some lyrics. Most of it is amateur writing I did during middle/high school that I uploaded for fun, but some of it I'm pretty proud of. Anyone have any suggestions for groups/narrowing down the process?

Devious Comments

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:lock: Looking for groups? The Literature Forum posting guidelines include a handy link to a listing.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Writer
Go to the group search thing, type in "literature" and then read the groups' little about blurb. You can usually tell which groups are good by things like what date their last journal entry was, as well as the way they present themselves (ex, do they talk about accepting all work, or do they have a fairly high standard they require in order to accept a submission, or if they have a specific theme you must adhere to).

Then you just ask yourself if you want in a group. Do you want a group with hundreds of watchers? Or is quality more your thing? Do you want a group that floods you with all kinds of submissions, or one that has significantly less? Do you want to watch the group for the quality writing, or just show off your own work and try to get some favs? Do you want the group to auto-accept your work? Do you want a group that provides contests or prompts to participate in, or has a system for promoting critique?

Answer all those questions, then browse the groups and look for things like number of watchers, last update, and what kind of updates, as well as maybe checking out a few thumbnails in their gallery.

Yeah it takes some time but not every group is right for everyone, so it's best you search for yourself.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Writer
Ask yourself what you want in a group*

Oh God.
Add a Comment: