Closed to new replies
November 21, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Audio-book @ Youtube

:icontehangelscry:
TehAngelsCry Nov 21, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
I've been thinking of reading my poetry/prose and posting it to youtube, what's your opinion? Would you listen? Or are you just not into that? Looking for both opinions :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondrippingwords:
DrippingWords Nov 27, 2012  Student Writer
Check out #Elocutionists. It's a group dedicated to giving a voice to writing :D
TehAngelsCry Dec 9, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Ah thank you for this! It seems very interesting :)
:icondrippingwords:
DrippingWords Dec 9, 2012  Student Writer
You're welcome D:
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Nov 21, 2012   Digital Artist
I think a downloadable file is better. You can upload it in your Sta.sh and link to it in your artist's description. I listened to a story by ^neurotype that way. I reckon I wouldn't usually listen to stories, but that's just because I don't listen to ebooks. ;P
TehAngelsCry Nov 23, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Fair enough! I also don't listen to ebooks x) But thanks for your insight!
:icondamonwakes:
Wait...you can do that? :slow:

I'm really going to have to find out more about Sta.sh. It sounds like it would make some things a whole lot easier.
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Nov 22, 2012   Digital Artist
sta.sh is pretty handy. :D
TehAngelsCry Nov 25, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
I mostly just use stash for temporary storage - but thanks for the info!
:icondamonwakes:
I think audio versions can add something to both poetry and prose. I've actually been trying to set up something similar with my own work, but got a bit distracted. If you're planning to use YouTube, I'd recommend putting something in the video itself, though: while there are benefits to using such a large site, I always find that "videos" with no visual element to them seem a bit cheap somehow. You might also consider something like Soundcloud: that would be good for people like =vglory who want to download a sound file.

With regard to =futilitarian's point about reading prose, I feel like I should mention that while it's not essential, good prose often has (or should have) a particular "sound" and rhythm to it. Consider how things sound when read by a text-to-speech program: there's something off about it, and not just when words are mispronounced. There's more to prose than just sticking words in the right order. Not much more, but more nonetheless. :-)
TehAngelsCry Nov 23, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Thank you very much for your response. The point about the "sound" of a piece of prose is certainly valid x)
Add a Comment: