Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

New writer, criticism appreciated

:iconfallenhat12:
fallenhat12 Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Hello! I'm new to deviantART and I've recently decided to try my hand at writing as a hobby. I've tried writing short stories a few years ago, but I didn't like my writing and just gave up. Perhaps it's out of boredom, I've been wanting to try to write again. A friend of mine writes stories and makes drawings and posts them on DA, and I guess it sort of inspired me to want to write again. I've posted my first short story based around ideas for a larger story I want to write, and I would be very grateful to anyone that wants to read it and give me feedback or tips :)

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Interface Designer
I see you've been redirected to the right place already, I'll lock this thread for you now :) If you want to introduce yourself in general (instead of asking for critique specifically), please feel free to post in the Welcome Center forum!

:lock:
:iconmr-timeshadow:
Mr-Timeshadow Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
There's a literary critique sticky at the top of the forum. The best way to get criticism for a piece -- if, like you and I, are not a premium member -- is to post a link in that thread. Most pieces get at least one critique fairly quickly, and sometimes several.
Thanks! I'll post there too then as I start writing more
You're welcome! It's a great bunch of dedicated folks, so if you're a little patient (they may be busy, but they get to most stuff in a few days, tops) they can collectively provide great perspective.
Good luck!
Thanks for the luck, I'm hopeful to see where writing takes me haha. I've been needing a hobby to get into for a long time
You're welcome. Here's hoping it leads you great places. Don't get discouraged if it takes a while. Writing is slow art. True appreciation may take months if you're lucky, years if you aren't. Keep writing new things, and keep plugging your old work until it sells. In time, it probably will.
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sure! If I make some time, I'll be glad to review your works, pal~
That would be amazing, thank you :D
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yep! You're welcome. Just reviewed your story~
Add a Comment: