Closed to new replies
November 3, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 100

Little known vampire weaknesses. Please help

:icondragonnerd445:
Dragonnerd445 Nov 3, 2012   Digital Artist
Please, what are some lesser known vampire weakness. Please no one mention garlic or stake through the heart, those are way over used. I want something more obscure. Thanks.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcopperfield17:
Copperfield17 Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Coral is the "stone" associated with the Virgin Mary. It is a symbol of purity, which is the same reason as silver. While not specifically a vampire weakness, it could easily be construed as one by ways of reliquaries or blessings. Holy swords (as in those carried by Templars and Eastern Orthodox Priests) are also an Eastern European vampire weakness. Holy ground is also a weakness of theirs. Some lesser vampires turn to dust on it. Stronger ones are severely weakened and vulnerable to attack. Those are the obscure ones I know.
Dragonnerd445 Dec 6, 2012   Digital Artist
Now that's one I've never heard of. :o Thanks.
:iconomicronwanderer:
OmicronWanderer Dec 3, 2012  Student Digital Artist
this is extremely obscure but keeping breadcrumbs in your pocket is supposed to keep away vampires and fae.
Dragonnerd445 Dec 3, 2012   Digital Artist
Oooh, nice one. :D
:iconechointhevoid:
EchoInTheVoid Dec 1, 2012  Student Writer
I've heard of water being like acid!
:iconanonymous-yet-again:
That would probably be holy water, yeah.
:icondragonflae:
I forgot exactly what region the myth is common in, but some say that vampires have no bones :|
Dragonnerd445 Nov 30, 2012   Digital Artist
Wow...really? D: Creepy!
:icondragonflae:
Yes. Also, look up different sorts of vampires. I think the most creative I've come across is one from Malaysia which takes the form of a normal human woman in the day. At night, they grow wings and a long, spiky tongue, split in half at the torso and fly around, sticking their tongues into windows to drink children's blood with their intestines dangling out of their bodies. They're called Manangagal, I think.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Running water, Christian symbols, holy ground, beheading, dismemberment, silver, being buried face down and holy water.
Add a Comment: