Closed to new replies
October 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 277

why should i notice you?

:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Oct 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm tossing out the chance for you all to justify why I should go take a look at your page and maybe even leave a comment (as soon as I get back on a computer, anyway) or, alternatively, to vent about how writers should or shouldn't get themselves out there.

Anyway, I hate the self entitled attitude that says just because you did something you deserve attention. But at the same time, you have to be your own best salesman. So we should be encouraging some aspects of this...but how?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconneomerlin:
neomerlin Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Writer
Because I am an interesting and friendly guy and over the many years on dA my activity has become less and less about "I wrote this, look! Look!" and more on chronicling what it means to be a writer and the experiences I've had and the lessons I've learned, all in an attempt to make sense of this passion so many people share and to, hopefully, highlight the path to greatness so we can all be better writers and better people. It's as beneficial for others as for me.

Also, I'm loud and opinionated and if it's good enough to get Fox News viewers, it's good enough for me!

As for the second part of your post - The way to be your own best salesmen, for creators is, I think, is to meet people and interact with people and to be humble and friendly. Be enticing and sell your work but be honest, too. People are just as often fans of creators as of creations.
:icondannihutch:
DanniHutch Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Because I want to improve as a writer and poet and in order to do that I need people like you to read it :)
:icononceuponanight23:
OnceUponANight23 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Because... you would make me happy. I would love to get some advice on how to improve, and I'd love it if more people would see my art :)
:iconmystichuntress:
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
If my artwork is good enough, it will get noticed by others.
When you think about it though, usually when it comes to works that get noticed a lot, people who comment on it usually become of one mind. I mean, sometimes, you get stuff that is just like "meh, could be better" but then some people think it's great and so on and so forth. Eventually, you don't get constructive criticism or proper feedback because everyone is just going "ooohhhh that's so cool" and they don't look harder. So what's the point of it all?
:iconwaiting-for-wings:
waiting-for-wings Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
because all of my written works come straight from the heart, they are pure emotion based and tell a story in a minimal amount of words :)
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional General Artist
'Coz I walked through fire and did not get burned.
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I would've said that it's because your username is always halfway there, with the word "matters" in it...
:iconmatthewmatters:
MatthewMatters Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional General Artist
I like to think the whole Matters part refers to physical matter and the like... otherwise it's just too fucking pompous :P
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
ohhh hahaha I see it now :)
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Holy fuck guys, thanks for the responses. I'ma start actually picking through these now that I'm back in town, you're also invited to do so. And yes, if you said I shouldn't visit you, I won't.
Add a Comment: