Closed to new replies
April 26, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 35

how much should i charge for my art???

:icontakama:
Takama Featured By Owner Apr 26, 2013  Professional Artist
this is not a price for my da art but for big beautiful posters 22" by 28" i deal in mostly anime but the posters take at least 16 hours or more to make. so how much should i charge for them? What would be fair? if it differs a price of comition art and for cuz i felt like drawing it art would be nice... ^.^

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhannalemoine:
hannalemoine Featured By Owner Apr 28, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
What I do is search for related items online and price around that. I went on etsy to sell a large blue marlin painting I did and I found similar paintings that were the same size. I kind of priced around them.

It's a very good idea to see how others price their art online. I ended up pricing my painting at 400 dollars which is a lot but a good deal comparatively to other paintings.
:iconstarlit-sorceress:
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Apr 28, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Either charge by the hour or by the square inch. From what you described, though, your posters are pretty impressive in both aspects.

Anything less than $100 is definitely underselling yourself.

Don't get discouraged if they don't sell. It just means you have to improve your skill, your marketing, or both.
:iconvineris:
Vineris Featured By Owner Apr 27, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I'd charge between $400 and $600 for a traditional work that's about 2' per side. But I'd probably get better at art before I tried selling to people. That's a starter price for a really big work, but people who pay that price for art are rather unlikely to pay for fantasy art that is so simplistic.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Apr 26, 2013  Student Filmographer
Do you print the posters from a computer, or are they done manually? Are they one of a kind or printed in multiples?
one of a kind by hand. id like to charge a lil more fore black and white (pencils) cuz i think they look nicer and take twice as long compared to color...
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Apr 26, 2013  Student Filmographer
Oh! So they're large pencil drawings, not necessarily "posters". I gotchya. :nod: I was thinking you were printing posters.

As with any commission or sold artwork, definitely factor in the time taken as well as how much you think your skill is worth. You can always adjust your prices if it doesn't work out; just don't undersell yourself.
i just don't no a good starting price.... what would you charge for somthing like this as a big poster

[link]
:iconmythicsonofgod:
MYTHICSONOFGOD Featured By Owner Apr 26, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I don't think the time you use to make it is very important for the client. The client won't care at all about how you did it but what you achived.

If you buy a tv, would you pay extra just becuase the manufacturer took longer to assemble it?
:iconstarlit-sorceress:
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Apr 28, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
I'm pretty sure manufacturers take into account how many hours/minutes of factory operation and employee wages go into each TV.
:iconmythicsonofgod:
MYTHICSONOFGOD Featured By Owner Apr 28, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Of course they do. But they don't expect to survive the competition by being unefficient.
Add a Comment: