Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 145

People favoriting your work, and are they a pain in your ass?

:iconphm-productions:
PHM-Productions Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Now I was just wondering how you treat your watchers or random deviants that fave your work. Follow the [link] and read some of the comments to better see where I'm coming from on this, and let me know what you think.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconusagi-zakura:
Usagi-Zakura Mar 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do dislike favs and runs, it doesn't take that long to leave a comment, and while "cute" and "nice" is getting old, at least they tried...
I don't treat people badly for fav-and-runs though, but I don't thank them either... I try to at least reply to every comment, even if it is just "cute".

Though I do try to tempt them by saying that leaving a comment increases the chance that I will check out your own gallery. I don't even look at favorites:p
:icontony-antwonio:
Tony-Antwonio Mar 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I get 100s of favorites on my art and 20 comment at the most and that's only on my most viewed art some get 0 comments and 20 favorites. But a good way to counter this if to go to thier favorites or the folder they put it in and say "thanks for the fav glad you enjoyed blah blah" and about 7 times out of 10 you'll get a response like " you welcome I really like this and that about your blah blah" but then again it's not as fulfilling as actually getting the comment :hmm:
:iconelectrifried:
electrifried Mar 26, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
loooolllll people complaining about too many faves...um...are there not other things to worry about in life? :unimpressed: I don't give a @#^@ how good someone's art is or how popular they are- if their attitude is bad I'll just avoid them altogether.
:iconkirikosoul:
KirikoSoul Mar 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well there are some people who fave my entire gallery and never comment... THAT'S what totally annoys me. I also prefer comments, and I try to comment on pics of my watchers, and after commenting I fave.
(Okay sometimes I don't have the time to comment though ^^;)
:iconharutotetsu:
HaruTotetsu Mar 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Let me simply the answer. We don't have enough time. If I could tell every single artist what i think of their work, i'd probably try to rant on about their piece with about 2-3 pages worth of words...but then I have to spend time on that and then repeat the process about 100 times (since I've never had less than 100 pieces uploaded altogether by the artists I watch.

There's also offline things to take into account. Like the fact I'm currently jobless. Why should I tell you why i like my art when I could be applying for a job?
:iconstarphishy:
Starphishy Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What always gets me are the fave and runs. I would love to know why you like my art, not just that you like it! But no matter how many faves a person gives, I always try and thank them and maybe drop a hint that if they liked such-and-such that they can always stay tuned for more. It usually inspires fave and runs to give a watch or a comment in my experience.
PHM-Productions Mar 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Wouldn't it be great if we all got meaningful comments and critiques, but that's not gonna happen. Though is it any better if you get a one "word" comment like LOL? I guess I at least know they think it's funny, but it's not exactly deep conversation worthy.
:iconerick-fm:
Erick-FM Mar 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
getting your art work to be fave a lot is the most simplier way to get your art to be spread and known among deviant users, is free publicity... why would you find it anoying, is defenitely a good thing to be faved a lot.
PHM-Productions Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
self-centered people are odd?
:iconerick-fm:
Erick-FM Mar 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
don't know
Add a Comment: