Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 145

People favoriting your work, and are they a pain in your ass?

:iconphm-productions:
PHM-Productions Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Now I was just wondering how you treat your watchers or random deviants that fave your work. Follow the [link] and read some of the comments to better see where I'm coming from on this, and let me know what you think.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconusagi-zakura:
Usagi-Zakura Featured By Owner Mar 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do dislike favs and runs, it doesn't take that long to leave a comment, and while "cute" and "nice" is getting old, at least they tried...
I don't treat people badly for fav-and-runs though, but I don't thank them either... I try to at least reply to every comment, even if it is just "cute".

Though I do try to tempt them by saying that leaving a comment increases the chance that I will check out your own gallery. I don't even look at favorites:p
:icontony-antwonio:
Tony-Antwonio Featured By Owner Mar 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I get 100s of favorites on my art and 20 comment at the most and that's only on my most viewed art some get 0 comments and 20 favorites. But a good way to counter this if to go to thier favorites or the folder they put it in and say "thanks for the fav glad you enjoyed blah blah" and about 7 times out of 10 you'll get a response like " you welcome I really like this and that about your blah blah" but then again it's not as fulfilling as actually getting the comment :hmm:
:iconelectrifried:
electrifried Featured By Owner Mar 26, 2013  Professional Interface Designer
loooolllll people complaining about too many faves...um...are there not other things to worry about in life? :unimpressed: I don't give a @#^@ how good someone's art is or how popular they are- if their attitude is bad I'll just avoid them altogether.
:iconkirikosoul:
KirikoSoul Featured By Owner Mar 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well there are some people who fave my entire gallery and never comment... THAT'S what totally annoys me. I also prefer comments, and I try to comment on pics of my watchers, and after commenting I fave.
(Okay sometimes I don't have the time to comment though ^^;)
:iconharutotetsu:
HaruTotetsu Featured By Owner Mar 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Let me simply the answer. We don't have enough time. If I could tell every single artist what i think of their work, i'd probably try to rant on about their piece with about 2-3 pages worth of words...but then I have to spend time on that and then repeat the process about 100 times (since I've never had less than 100 pieces uploaded altogether by the artists I watch.

There's also offline things to take into account. Like the fact I'm currently jobless. Why should I tell you why i like my art when I could be applying for a job?
:iconstarphishy:
Starphishy Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
What always gets me are the fave and runs. I would love to know why you like my art, not just that you like it! But no matter how many faves a person gives, I always try and thank them and maybe drop a hint that if they liked such-and-such that they can always stay tuned for more. It usually inspires fave and runs to give a watch or a comment in my experience.
PHM-Productions Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Wouldn't it be great if we all got meaningful comments and critiques, but that's not gonna happen. Though is it any better if you get a one "word" comment like LOL? I guess I at least know they think it's funny, but it's not exactly deep conversation worthy.
:iconerick-fm:
Erick-FM Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
getting your art work to be fave a lot is the most simplier way to get your art to be spread and known among deviant users, is free publicity... why would you find it anoying, is defenitely a good thing to be faved a lot.
PHM-Productions Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
self-centered people are odd?
:iconerick-fm:
Erick-FM Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
don't know
:iconartycurls:
artycurls Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Comments are more useful, especially if they tell me how I can improve, but I always grateful for likes and favourites too as it's great to know somebody has enjoyed my work.
I wish ppl did comment more, but it's all good either way~
:iconnephtis:
Nephtis Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013
Mmmh, depends on how much time I have. I often look at the favoriting person's gallery.

If they have work of their own I reply with a "thanks for the :+fav: (s)", if I like what they posted I may even linger and look through the gallery.

If it is an account that has just a collection of favs and nothing else I usually do not react in any way.

Comments catch more attention, I try to find a polite reply in most cases.
kindness and common courtesy goes a long way, and more appreciated~ if only more ppl would practice it.
:iconnephtis:
Nephtis Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013
Agreed, but then I also encountered the rare breed of 'why are you thanking me for a fav, that f*** annoyes me" deviants once.
Not sure how to react to that, I was surprised really that being polite seems to make some people angry.
PHM-Productions Featured By Owner Mar 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Haha... just a bunch of weirdos out there, I wouldn't know how to respond to that either. I've gotten " hey stop thanking me already" when certain watchers continually fave my stuff. I just have to judge when I'm over thanking sometimes ^^;
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Professional General Artist
I appreciate the favs, but the comments grab my attention.
:iconeverlasting90:
Everlasting90 Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't really if people fave a lot of my stuff. Faves don't mean that much to me because it's so easy to drag and drop without even clicking on it to see the full thing. I just give a llama and that's that. If they comment, then they get my attention.
:iconpandadrake:
Pandadrake Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013
This just seems very rude and unprofessional.
Isn't there a 'highlight all' button just for getting rid of piles of fav notifications? Is it really so hard to click it, then click delete?

Also, you can't expect everyone to be as articulate about why they fave things. Would she really like it better if she got fav bombs as well as a hundred comments saying "I like this pic"?

I've been fav bombed before, even on work that I drew that I absolutely hate now, but I'm not going to bash someone for doing that. After all, I drew it which means I liked the subject at some point and I uploaded it in the first place so that it would get recognized. Getting annoyed now would be stupid.
:iconsheneah:
Sheneah Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Student General Artist
I think that it may be annoying for someone to get so many notifications, simply because it get's messy in the inbox and sometimes takes some time to delete it. Personally, I would get angry at some point, if someone spammed my notifications with faves, and certainly would tell that person that it was unnecessary. However, It was wrong to block that person right away.
But, If you like someones art, just give that person a watch, it tells the person already that you like their art and million of faved work is not needed.
:iconinspiredtangle:
inspiredtangle Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013   General Artist
That is just rude. I thank everyone who faves, it only takes the one message to thank someone no matter how many pictures they've faved... As for a fave bomb, it'd make my week, not just my day XD
:iconlinniie-poo:
linniie-POO Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Student Filmographer
Wow thats so funny. They're probably gonna be sad now that no one will favourite their work. I barely make the favourites past 1. So I enjoy them as much as I can!
:iconladykuki:
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Student General Artist
Whaaat~? Your art is nice. Why aren't you getting any favorites? :crying:
linniie-POO Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Student Filmographer
probably because i've been inactive for a while haha i just came back.
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Oh.

Well I suggest you start putting your stuff into groups. :XD: It helps a lot. Oh and the thumbshare forums is pretty good too. ;P
haha yeah, actually i wouldn't where to start, there are so many groups jrieoafoieaofjoeawfieafepoa *hides in corner* haha

Yeah I do go on thumbshare often, but really to look at other pics
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Mar 4, 2013  Student General Artist
I'd start from groups that accept all pieces of artwork, then fan art groups and OC groups if you do characters and fan art.

I go on thumbshare to advertise. Sometimes I do bump into an artist I like, but not too often I'm afraid. >.< Making friends is a plus.
ahh thanks LadyKuki, time to get cracking on groups haha
LadyKuki Featured By Owner Mar 5, 2013  Student General Artist
No prob, and call me Kuki. :XD:
:iconevka8d:
evka8D Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013
Really? I sometimes wonder why some great interesting artist get so little feedback and on the other hand some get tons of favs for some shitty drawing that took them 5 minutes to do...
Ive looked at your gallery and I really think that you deserve a lot more than just few faves per pic. Have you considered submitting your work to some groups? Maybe that would help you to get recognized more :)
sometime its depends on the audience as well as the dedication of the artist, but then again i've been trying to get my artwork out there! haha
PHM-Productions Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
it must be nice to get pages o' faves~
Ohhhh yeah. :) so nice
:iconrj700:
rj700 Featured By Owner Mar 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This is just so very unecessary. I like it when people fave my work, it's a compliment, and if one person faves loads of stuff then that's great. Also there's no point in complaining because if one person faves loads of stuff, it's very easy to get rid of the messages, and you've only got one person to thank.

I try to thank every fave, watch and nice comment, unless it's a watcher who faved something very recently and I thanked them for it, it seems weird to thank someone every time they fave something if they do it a lot. I go by the basis of if my previous thank you comment is still on the front page of comments on their profile, I leave it. Other than that I see it all as compliments and try to thank everyone for them.
:iconluminokan:
Luminokan Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Wow, that screenshot. I dont see why the artist complained, he should feel good you like his work.

I apreciate when someone fav my work, they are few but is sincere. I also like comment for they know I liked.

:D
:iconchronological-rising:
Chronological-Rising Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No but as you have seen I apparently am a pain. >:I
:iconeienart:
Eienart Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013
...wow that was a bit over the top ... I'm pretty sure most people love getting favs from you or anyone for that matter =)
Chronological-Rising Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
*hugs* Thank you :3
PHM-Productions Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
haha oh shit~ you found this out.
Yeah, after I saw your post, and how they were being an ass to you. I got upset, and figured I'd get the opinions of others to see what they thought. Sorry, I know a bunch of random ppl commented on that on that picture after I posted this ^^;
Chronological-Rising Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconohyouplz:

This is why I love you dude :3 :iconsupertighthugplz: You are amazing.
:iconzhangjc:
ZhangJC Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Really arrogant and lazy, it's not so hard to delete all those fav from the inbox ._.
Faving is one way of expressing that the person liked your own artwork. I don't see what's wrong with that. I do however am distracted by the part where that artist just ask that person to watch him/her if she really liked his/her work. Think she care for only the amount of watchers he/she has much?
:iconsketchq:
Sketchq Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I get really happy everytime someone favs one of my sculpts. It's weird to be upset by that!
:iconsmoppet:
Smoppet Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013
Favorite notifications can be mass deleted, I don't understand why this artist felt the need to get mad at the user who faved their work. I've gotten pages of favorites before by one user, however, I wasn't angry, but rather glad that someone enjoyed my work enough to favorite everything. :shrug:
:iconkrisseymage:
KrisseyMage Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If someone favorites my work, that's awesome, because that means someone out there is enjoying what I am drawing.

If I got 6 pages worth of fav notifications, I would probably have a heart attack from sheer joy.
:iconsinyx:
sinyx Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Ugh, this is the third time I've seen an artist pull this in a week. While I can imagine having an entire gallery being faved as being a tad annoying, behavior like this is still incredibly rude and uncalled for. Is it really THAT hard to clear them out? Or to explain the issue in a respectful manner? Why be so nasty to someone who actually appreciates your work. Primadonna much?
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
... :O The fuck!? Wow, god forbid someone actually likes your work enough to fave it. That's a bit harsh. It's not like it's that hard to delete some notifications.
:iconbrightredphoennix:
BrightRedPhoennix Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student Filmographer
I like favorites, but I really prefer comments. I usually just smile when I see someone favorited something I did, but I almost always reply to comments.
:iconraerae:
raerae Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student General Artist
I once had someone fave about...three hundred of my images in a day. It's a bit annoying, but eh. I don't really care.
:iconvanadiumtaintedberyl:
VanadiumTaintedBeryl Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Wow, that was completely unnecessary. I mean, isn't that the point of making an online art accoutn and sharing your artwork? To create a following? I get super frustrated with people who forget that their fans are why they do well. It really doesn't take that much effort to be gracious, you know?
I've never been...favebombed... per se, but I received a DD once. And I can't tell you how incredibly thankful I was for every single person that viewed my work, and I thanked each and every one of them, despite how long it took.

That person totally could have left a "Wow, thanks for much for all of the attention that you have given me, the support is really appreciated!" And then they would have had a happy fan instead of making someone have a crappy day.

Anyways, hope you are well darlin'.
PHM-Productions Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I really find it odd how a person can be rude to a random stranger, not to mention someone that likes their work, and I'm sure still feel good about themselves. Are manners, and kindness not taught anymore? I wonder sometimes...
Add a Comment: