Details

Closed to new replies
February 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

I need an opinion.

:iconxobecky:
I have a character that I necessarily don't want anymore. I was wondering if I would be able to use her as an adoptable?
She is already drawn. But I want to sell her for a reasonable amount of points.
She has a reference and a few drawings done by others.
How much should I sell her for?
I would prefer dA points too.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkulot:
Kulot Feb 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
just say that you have a available adoptable that you want to sell, not famliar how these things work though :giggle: goodluck
:iconvineris:
Vineris Feb 9, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Much of what passes for "character designs" here is so generic that you can't claim copyright on it. You simply can't own a "design" like "red-haired girl with star tattoo". It's composed of such common elements that anyone could think of it themselves. No court would enforce your copyright. So anyone can just create their own version for free. Just like you could look at some photo on Google, become inspired by some girl's purple hair and heart tattoo and copy that for free.
:iconweremole:
weremole Feb 9, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
What do you mean "don't want anymore"?. All you have to do is to not use it if you don't feel like it anymore. Let others make their own characters unless they specifically HIRE you to design one.
:iconricochet188:
ricochet188 Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I wouldn't bother if I were you. Selling characters just seems like the silliest thing. I don't mean to put you down when I say this but, why would anyone want -your- character? Why would they not just make their own?
:iconkizziesama:
See, that's exactly what I think when I see people set up adoptables. Granted, I see some neat designs made for adoptables, but since I draw myself, I don't quite see the point in purchasing an idea from someone :O
It makes no sense. But hey, looking at 90% of the users on this site, and how batshit insane they are... heck, I'm not surprised this kind of thing happens.
:iconkizziesama:
I suppose it's just coming from a person that can draw crap themselves. If I'd have to buy art, I'd just buy a commission over some design someone did on the fly and thought "I'm never using it again... let's make someone buy it" :lol: I just get too attached to my character creations, even if it's a one time affair.
:iconxobecky:
I just don't want the character to go to waste. I just don't want her anymore.
So what? Kill her. Let her fade away, or better yet, change her. She is not a physical being she can be whatever you want her to be. Making her disappear isn't wasting anything. If anything is lost, it is simply some time and thought you put into making her. And since obviously she hasn't worked out for you, through this ordeal you've learned what you liked/disliked about that character and pitfalls to avoid when moving on to other creations.

Offering to sell someone nothing is absolutely asenine.
:iconweremole:
weremole Feb 9, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Nothing "goes to waste". You'll save it with the other hundreds of characters you'll create and one day you'll find it and go "yeah, I did that". Which will make you create something else.
Add a Comment: