Closed to new replies
February 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Comic help plz

:icondominoluv:
Dominoluv Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Student General Artist
So i wanna get into making comics, ive tought of a 700x1000 pixels scales, do you think it's too small... too big... or just perfect and also the lines that separates each panels, do you think i should make them black or white? And ive got a font for my comic, it supports both Capital letters and normal letter, should i write the dialogs all in capitals or the normal way? Also, i was thinking about it, the bubbles.... transparent or solid white bubbles?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfriendlyhand:
FriendlyHand Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Hi,
Search for tutorials and guides. [link]
Your file should probably be at least 300 dpi at comic book size. [link]
Start with something simple like a 3 page black and white story.
There are standard practices for fonts and balloons. [link]
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Student General Artist
Have you even started your comic?

It helps to do alot of thumbnails first to see which sizes look good. Its good if you see the thing as a whole
:iconwilwhalen:
WilWhalen Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
You are literally thinking about the least important parts of doing a comic.

Experiment, and see what looks good with the art you make for it. You shouldn't choose a font before you have sample pages to test it on; you shouldn't choose a size before you have a sample page to see if it looks good at that size; you shouldn't choose... well, you get it.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
shininginthedarkness Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Just try a couple different things and see what you like best. That's what makes you an artist, making choices like this.
Add a Comment: