Closed to new replies
January 31, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Help me with this drawing??

:iconanimeblue92:
AnimeBlue92 Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student General Artist
I don't know if this is in the right section but if not I'm sorry. I'm currently working on a drawing of Dawn from Pokemon.
[link]
I posted it on Facebook and one of my friends said that the thumb/hand making the peace-sign is wrong. However , my dad who took art/figure class in college says it's right and nothing's wrong with it.

So I'm not sure who is right. So I was wondering if Deviant User would help me. If anyone could tell me what they think and what's wrong here, I'd be grateful. I want it to be 100 percent right before inking it or submitting it to DA. Thanks anyone who helps!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmikesblender:
mikesblender Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yup, her hand is on backwards. Ouch!
:iconhopelesspandora:
HopelessPandora Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student General Artist
Perform the same pose while looking into a mirror. The thumb should be on the side of the hand that is closest to the face therefore, yes. The hand is wrong.

While you are at it, you should probably look into drawing proportions and anatomy more accurately. For example, the eyes should be on the same level, but one is lower than the other. Also, the arms look too long and too thin. The drawing itself isn't so bad, but there is always room for improvement. Try drawing from references to improve accuracy.
:iconenih:
Enih Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist
The thumb is on the wrong side of the hand.
:iconco-phantom:
Co-Phantom Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You drew the right hand backwards. I mean, just look at your own hand making a peace sign... :paranoid:
Add a Comment: