Closed to new replies
January 26, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Help me find references please

:iconisho13:
Isho13 Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm looking for reference on fighting poses. The problem is, browsing through dA stock's gallery I only find people fighting with weapons (I'm looking for bare-hand combat)or doing pretty fight stances that I don't need, I need the actual combat.

I tried googling other stock sites, but the ones I found don't have a category system so it's hard to find anything specific. The Google stopped working so I can't google image it. I tried youtube and all I could find were combats focused on the use of legs (and I'm looking for arms references) or boxing using gloves, those are no good either because I need to see the hands too.

It's the first time I'm having so bad luck looking for references, usually I find useful pics in under 5 mins.

So, help me please? :_(

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconakatsukiafiliated:
AkatsukiAfiliated Jan 28, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
:iconkrissygalaxis:
krissygalaxis Jan 27, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconsenshistock:
:iconrancidinsomnia:
RancidInsomnia Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
[link] This was on my tumblr dash this morning. It's several sets of poses.
Isho13 Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Many thanks for the link. =D
RancidInsomnia Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
No problem.
RancidInsomnia Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Try out gettyimages.com, or see if you can get some friends to pose for you.
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I can't say if it has what you are looking for, but there is some good unarmed combat stuff here; [link]
:iconglori305:
Found quite a few barehanded fighting poses under wrestling in the DA gallery
[link]

And under martial arts got a lot of individuals punching and kicking, not so much interaction thought [link]

gotta get creative with your key terms.

Also, a lot of the wrestling ones were nude, so if you are under 18 or have mature filter on you won't see them :)
:iconticklyroach:
TicklyRoach Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Have you considered looking for hand references separately? It is possible to combine refs, you know ;) also, maybe it would be easier to find what you're looking for if you decided on a specific style of combat instead of just "using bare hands". If it's a bar fight you're trying to draw, type in "bar fight", if it's kickboxing type in "kickboxing". And so on.
Isho13 Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ok, I guess I'll look for Kung fu videos or something. e-e Never thought of the "bar fight" style. lol
Add a Comment: