Replies: 4

Possible plushie sale?

:iconveloveanime:
veloveanime Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist

Price - 5 euro excl. shipping
Size - 6x6cm
All hand sewn and of felt with 40% wool

This is NOT a sale topic, it's for feedback and tips

They were made with the same pattern, but the orange one has bigger stitching end, so it came out less high.The legs of the red one are better because of different place of end stitch.

Just wondering, would you be interested in buying one if I've got a bit better in making them look the same always and still work a bit on the pattern?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Ok, I would not. And I suspect, even if you get better, and find a market for them , you will be looking in the $5 range for what people will pay. That may not even cover your supplies, depending on the cost of the buttons, and even if it does, it leaves you making pennies for your time.

The people who successfully sell plushies tend to sell much more complex, custom made plushies more like this

And even then they are often in my opinion, underpriced. If you are making the same money selling plushies that you would make babysitting the neighbors kids, then why not babysit the neighbors kids and make the art that you want?
Thank you for the advice,
just wondering, because I thought plushies did have a 'good' market, but that are most of them all MLponies.

I aggree, better just make them for fun, friends and gifts. Thank you!
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Custom plushies of people's OC's have a market, and there are even a few of those who will pay premium, but many of them still want to pay the same price you pay for a made-in-china one at the corner store, which still is pennies for your time.
Thank you for the advice!
Add a Comment: