Closed to new replies
January 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Everything groups

:iconsalsa-eater:
Salsa-Eater Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
What's the point of these groups that just accept every piece of art submitted? I checked the 'groups' tab and saw like three of them right on the first page.

It kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Professional General Artist
I agree. I often received messages from that kind of groups asking to put my work on there. But I said "No" because it's so pointless. It's like a smaller version of DA. Inside DA. :/

Groups should have a certain theme, or certain kind of people. Not just anyone...
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I find that any work you put into, or have invited to an 'everything group's' gallery gets buried under a hundred more submissions within a few minutes of your art appearing in the gallery, so your work doesn't actually get noticed . To be honest, I get the feeling that those types of groups are managed very well either.
:iconshaunmichaeljones:
ShaunMichaelJones Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013   Traditional Artist
I guess they have high traffic though and people generally submit to groups to get views. I submit to groups specific to my style or medium so it can be seen by the right people.
:iconstarlit-sorceress:
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Yeah. I'm sure they have a point, but I like selective groups better. Do you have a favorite? I created #ArtisanPhotography for artisan crafts with really creative photos.
Salsa-Eater Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I don't bother with any groups.
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
I really recommend it...at least the ones that are specifically for your art style.

I have kind of a lot of watchers, and I still get ten times as many faves and comments when I submit my work to lots of groups than when I don't.
Salsa-Eater Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
That kind of recognition seems so shallow to me though. Given I only have two watchers >->/*
:iconhopelesspandora:
HopelessPandora Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student General Artist
Think of it as a way of categorizing deviations to make them more available to the public. With DA's current system, one can only find the most popular or newest deviations, which means everything else gets lost amongst the test of time. With style-specific art groups, it's a little easier for your target audience to search through and find your work.
Starlit-Sorceress Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
It's just advertising.

I've gotten a lot of watchers by submitting to groups because new people find my work that way. They fave it from the group, check out my other art, fave that too, and decide to watch me.

The only difference is where they first saw my art.
:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student Interface Designer
That depends what you think the purpose of groups is? Many people use groups and make groups for very different purposes.
Add a Comment: