Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Stop motion

:iconxfrozentearzx:
XFrozentearzX Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I really want to get into stop motion art and i have ideas but its something i have never tried before, i want to use ither cardboard or paper as the meduims for it as well as using animation.
Does anyone have any tips or useful websites to help me? Also any ideas on a basic tester i can try out?
Thanks =)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxannijn:
Xannijn Jan 23, 2013  Student Filmographer
It might be a cool idea to practise with everyday objects - like just moving a spoon or whatever. We had an assignment on stop motion with shoes last summer. :lol: It sounds awfully silly, but it's good practise, and gives you an idea of the medium on its own - not to mention the patience required. It's still... "easier", or at least more direct than regular 2D animation, and the possibilities are still limitless.

If you want some practise with 2D animation in general, I would highly recommend TVpaint. The demo is free to download: and it's a very user friendly program. (Best used with a drawing tablet, though!)
And if you don't have a tablet, there's still regular pencil and paper out there. ;D
Thank you, I'll give a random object a try at first. Lighting bothers me, would i have to use studio lighting as each frame slowly would get darker?
I'll give thank a download now, ive been debating getting a drawing tablet but good old pen and paper wil do untill. Thanks agian =)
:iconxannijn:
Xannijn Jan 23, 2013  Student Filmographer
Yes, natural light is certain to change constantly. We kind of worked with that with the shoe thing; making the shoes follow the shadows, which moved on their own as the sun kept shifting. It can be pretty interesting to work with natural light. But if you want the light to stay as it is, studio lighting would be best indeed. ;D
Thank you =D
:iconbleachrocks2010:
bleachrocks2010 Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Okay you will need a camera and a lot of patience also think through properly about your mediums if its paper are you gonna draw on it or what?
I have a Canon 7D, im also planning on cutting the coloured paper into shapes to make my images
Okay make sure you have cardboard stuck onto the back of it otherwise the paper will rip.
Good idea, thank you =)
No problem
Add a Comment: