Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 81

So what part of your drawing skills are you working on this year?

:iconmeganekun:
meganekun Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Do you guys have anything specific you're working to improve on this 2013?

I've only recently properly learned working in GIMP, so I think I'll take another stab at learning how to digitally color my lineart. So cleanup / coloring.

I've also been trying more... varied poses in my works (none that appeared in my gallery yet, though).

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconinnocentfate:
Innocentfate Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:damphyr: :bulletpink: Since I'm a variety artist my main focus is to improve on everythang :D Mostly on anatomy xD
:iconurlordjesus:
urlordjesus Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Five Things

1) Actually Drawing... Too often I... do other things.... and procrastinate drawing... like I am right now
2) Hands (this is difficult)
3) Improving at Figure. Right now my figure only looks decent when I clothe it
3b) Learning to draw breasts that don't look... wrong...lopsided and whatnot.
4) Perspective, Backgrounds and other objects
5) Paneling and Sequential Art
:icondariushseif:
DariushSeif Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Everything, I really want to become a comic book artist but I never really got around to practising as I thought the goal was near impossibru. So I'm mainly trying to work on humans, especially hands, faces and feet...oh and muscles XD I have a very long way to go
:iconrj700:
rj700 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm hoping to become a better portrait artist, I also want to learn to create my own characters and do other people's characters in my own style. My main thing this year is to try and figure out a way of making money from my art
:iconticklyroach:
TicklyRoach Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Humans. Humans, humans, humans. And drawing from life. I have a bad tendency to make things up when I'm drawing.
:icondevilkid-chan:
DevilKid-chan Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm a traditional artist, but recently, I've decided I'd like to do a digital piece every now and then~ so I've just been drawing a lineart, and then scanning it and putting it on Paint.net for a fiddle. I will do 1 digital piece at a time and nice and slowly, just when I have the chance to work on it, and when I finish, I will start another. Just a nice lazy practise really :aww:
I'm also hoping to get better at anatomy, positioning and generally everything else. I'd like to attempt a proper comic someday. :XD:
:iconrizhnir:
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
GIMP is a tough program to work with sometimes. I find it counter-intuitive sometimes when I use it. But it does what it's supposed to do I guess. xD

Personally, I need to work on backgrounds and hands and feet. But since my art is guided by a story, I just practice what I think the next shot calls for. So it will vary for me.
:iconxannijn:
Xannijn Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Filmographer
Digital colouring and animation with a tablet. :noes: I usually feel bad about it when I have to draw thousands of frames on real paper. Still, it's just what I do, but if I can get the hang of it digitally not as many trees will be sacrificed. ^^;
:iconmightybearrr:
mightybearrr Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Lately I've been trying to work on opposing poses and solid drawing when it comes to my characters. Hopefully I'll be able to work on things like more technical backgrounds, proper analysis of anatomy, caricature, conceptual development for a lot of the ideas I have, 3D modeling and texturing, and animation in 2D and 3D.
:iconhopelesspandora:
HopelessPandora Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student General Artist
I'm try trying to put more thought into backgrounds, and I'm starting some realism practice.
Add a Comment: