Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 23

Am i doing something wrong?

:iconfinal-mayham:
Final-Mayham Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
lol never really thought about it b4 though, i upload i get 7 or so faves on a picture,
no one really ever comments, i mean really it highlights my day when someone comments,
i feel other then the fact i have a sub i should start a new account sometimes and see what happens, like if i start a new account fresh some people might come and look at my stuff,
lol then again, dose it turn anyone off that i miss spelled mayham rather then mayhem, lol coz that was on purpose, it was kind of meant to be a pun though stupid pun and didnt work.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrealteruchan:
realteruchan Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
I don't think it's necessarily about doing anything right or wrong. I've been on here for years too and have very few views or comments. I am not very active, though. I think word of mouth is always better than any amount of participating in forums, groups or sharing. Make great stuff and people will talk. Also know that many of those who have so many views and comments are also those who have a name OUTSIDE of DA.
:iconlimettenluder:
LimettenLuder Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Digital Artist
wow, you've got favs ^^. i dont really get a comment or favs so i think it is normal for deviantart cause, the users want to see something very special or a my little pony fanart XD
Final-Mayham Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
lol my little pony, getting to out of hand, someone needs to squish it soon haha, nar though i dont really care for it, i suppose some might lol.
:iconlimettenluder:
LimettenLuder Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Digital Artist
=D
:iconpaniksura:
PanikSura Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Most people on Deviantart don't get a lot of attention. Definitely join the groups/submit your work to groups, show your stuff in thumbshare, chat in the forums to make friends, etc. It's not easy, and it seems kind of silly to put in work at making deviantart friends just for comments. But my friends here offer a lot of helpful feedback on my work, and support me when I'm having difficulties with pieces. Make friends for the feedback, not just to get comments or faves!
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional General Artist
Its not good to be an attention whore, but it is nice to get comments and advice once and a while.

Deviation thumb share is a great place to share your work and get feedback. I've met some pretty cool people there too. You get what you put in. Spend time giving feedback, a lot of times people return the favor. Only post your best work. When I post something new that's much better it gets more views and comments.
Final-Mayham Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
lol attention whore im not, lol just sometimes would like a comment or 2 haha

yea im going to try thumb share when i upload my next pic.
:iconglori305:
Glori305 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
You tend to loose watchers if you start a new account, or change your username.

Join clubs, work on skills, do things ouside of your comfort zone. Pulling more people to your DA page will take doing things differently than you have done them in the past. Changing your DA account will not change your art, or how you are doing things. And it takes time to build up watchers, so in the short term you would loose watchers.
Final-Mayham Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
lol yea i get that, i dont think i would even like making a new account as i have said i have had this one for 5 going 6 years just would not feel right lol,

im doing new things all the time, like i have now started to my grate discomfit drawing (doodling) on both sides of my sketch book, im pushing my self to fill the page instead of starting a new one, working without a rubber, ~,~ as i know for a big fact, drawing backgrounds, landscapes and coloring are one of my down falls, i know there not in my comfort zone, though its not that i care about drawing them ~,~ just kind of put them off, then dont want to add them at all coz i might wreck something,
:iconmarc-f-huizinga:
Marc-F-Huizinga Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Despite there being ways of getting more favs and comments, I think the more important question is: what is your ultimate goal? Do you hope to someday become big and wellknown? Or do you just like the attention? Ask yourself this, and if it happens to be that you have dreams of becoming really really good then the better way to receive more favs/comments is to just make stellar looking art. This requires intensive training on the artist's part. But bottomline is: Good art get's attention regardless, you can promote it a little but if it's good then people are always likely to show appreciation. :)
Add a Comment: