Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Does anyone know where I can get inked paper for stenciling tattoos?

:iconm-panella:
M-Panella Jan 22, 2013  Student Artist
I'm an aspiring tattoo artist, and the set I bought, didn't come with to much when it came to stencils.

(1) 10x10 stencil sheet was all I got..

I was wondering, the inked paper underneath the stencil paper, is what i'm after; does anyone know where you can buy it? Office Max? Staples? Those stores aren't near me, so I'd like to know for sure if somewhere has it, before I drive out there. I'd rather not order it online, if I have to.. I guess I can..

Thanks for anyone who gets back to me.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchemicalhero:
ChemicalHero Jan 22, 2013
Regular carbon copy paper (If that's what you're after) doesn't work for tattooing. It doesn't stick to skin and on the off chance it does it wipes away almost immediately. Your best bet would be looking online for tattoo stencil paper. Spirit brand is by far the most popular, I've used it and it works well, though genuine Spirit paper can get expensive. There are a lot of cheaper copies of Spirit paper on websites such as Ebay, whilst they're not quite as good they still work well.
You know, I'm thinking carbon paper might just work..

You're a tattoo artist?
:iconchemicalhero:
ChemicalHero Jan 22, 2013
No I'm looking for an apprenticeship though, and dabbled in some tattoos on pig skin. Carbon paper is generally what they use for tattoo stencils, but office type won't work. I'm not sure why, it's either not the right type of carbon or there's just not enough of it on the paper. I thought it would work but found out quickly that it just refuses to stick, even when using stencil stuff and green soap.
You ever tried Speed Stick deodorant?

I've tried a few things, and the ONLY thing i've seen work is Speed Stick.

Has to be the regular kind though.

Like this.. [link]

I just went to Office Max, bought carbon paper, and it works just fine. : )

I've been without it for a while.. So I also drew on piece of paper, and outlined it in regular pin, and that worked as a stencil too.

: )
:icontartanballs:
I'm not entirely sure and since I'm not from your area I don't think I could give any good information anyway.

I'm sure you can make your own stencils with the right paper and the correct knife/tools.
Add a Comment: