Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

What are adoptables?

:icong-sketch:
G-Sketch Jan 17, 2013  Student General Artist
I've always wondered and want to get into making them or whatever. :)

If you could give me a brief explanation and some examples it would be nice :D

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
An adoptable is a character or creature design that you can buy. Once bought, the individual character/creature belongs to you and you are free to do whatever you want with it. Some people have original creature species that they created and have made adoptables for. They're not selling the ownership of the species, just a couple of individual designs. Every adoptable creator has their own set of rules to be followed regarding their adoptables, adpotable designs of individuals from an original species may have different rules to a random one off design.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Jan 17, 2013  Student General Artist
Stupid
:iconespillam:
Espillam Jan 17, 2013  Student Filmographer
Are characters you design and sell, you can just design the looks or even design the backstory and personality too. The person you sell them to has now all the right to use it and call that design theirs. (It is now their OCs, no longer yours)

People use this designs for roleplaying, I think they also use them for writing stories.
G-Sketch Jan 18, 2013  Student General Artist
That's cool but also kind of scary :P I don't think that's something I want to be a part of...
Thank you for the explanation! It was super helpful.
:iconespillam:
Espillam Jan 18, 2013  Student Filmographer
Yes, my girlfrined sold one of her characters and now she's regreting it big time.
:iconechointhevoid:
EchoInTheVoid Jan 17, 2013  Student Writer
I believe they are another artist's character which you adopt and use in your works, but i'm not 100% sure because like you, on the rest, I am lost!
:iconkizunayui-studios:
KizunaYui-Studios Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I just had this conversation with Tenmuki earlier lol
G-Sketch Jan 17, 2013  Student General Artist
lol I've seen them but I have no idea what they are really XD
Add a Comment: