Details

Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

What to make in 3D? I need practice

:iconjackjohnson64:
What shall I make in 3D? O: I need to practice. It can't be anything living, such as animals or plants (that's just too hard for now).

Please keep it to simple things. The more corners and curves it has the less likely I can model it :( To give an idea of something around my level, I [kinda] modeled the kokiri emerald from LOZ Ocorina of Time (look it up in google images). ....But didn't finish it

Sorry if this is the wrong spot. Plz move it if it is! :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconliquid-grievous:
Liquid-Grievous Jan 20, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
a box...a super detailed shipping scifi crate of some kind..
:iconempty29:
baseball bats, swords, Japanese swords, lamps, clothes, shoes as i said earlier try making a character lots of tuts on YouTube to help you.Personally i started in Maya simple interface and i couldn't get the handle of navigating in max and also searching for all the tools.

i you happen to try modeling shoes try addidas they have alot of good references o there site for every shoe they make.
:iconempty29:
why not model a person?
:iconjerseycajun:
jerseycajun Jan 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
What kind of program do you use? I've got a procedure for creating organic creatures pretty efficiently in Maya, but I don't know how it would translate exactly to other programs.
I been using 3DS Max. Maybe there's a way to get some of it to work in max?
:iconjerseycajun:
jerseycajun Jan 20, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Well, i'll leave the link with my attempt at the tutorial here to see if it can apply to 3ds.

[link]
Have you got any samples of hover tanks? O: ....I get the feeling it'll be too much for now.
:iconxaotherion:
In this situation, I encourage you to devote some time for doing basic, simple tutorials. The ones that show how to model an object in the program you're using (which one is that BTW?), step by step.

It's of little importance what this object is, as long as the tutorial is easy enough for you to follow. Learning 3D requires much patience, especially when you're just beginning (been there, done that :D) but the experience in modeling gained from tutorials adds up quickly. After doing a number of them you'll be more able to make your own models.
I've followed the documentation by autodesk (for 3DS Max). I just need ideas for simple models :) ....it's surprisingly difficult finding things (for me anyway lol)
Add a Comment: