January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

KOH-I-NOOR pencils

:icona-orkhan:
a-orkhan Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Hi

I'm not a professional. so if could anyone help me with this.I want to know differences between koh-i-noor pencil models..there're 1500,1502,1900 etc...the descriptions are very similar.."high quality pencils bla bla"...but does anyone know the real difference?

Thanx

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrainbowfeet85:
RainbowFeet85 Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well their progresso pencils are considered to be artist grade... Don't know about the rest
:iconsarosna:
Sarosna Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Not overly familiar with this product line or colored pencils in general. At least not yet.

Looking at their homesite it would seem that they have school, artist, office and hobby sections for their products. So maybe that might be what the codes are for?

I have this particular set myself: [link]

Tbh I'm not a huge fan of these pencils. They don't seem to mix hardly at all. When I water down the first layer and then color on top of that dry they seem to work OK but blending different colors and shades is somewhat difficult because the pens are somewhat hard and not waxy enough. Maybe the fault lies within the person using them but I still ordered a set of Faber Castell's myself to get better quality pencils.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
Usually high quality will be softer, more pigmented, and easier to blend.
:icondarkstar07:
darkstar07 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student General Artist
I think he's asking about the difference between the number models, not what entails a high quality pencil.
Add a Comment: