Details

Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6
:icondrewby3:
Drewby3 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Hi can someone help me with non-digital shading, manga hair (male and female), and manga clothes (male and female)? For hair i usually get "clumps" of hair that looks weird.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsigmaeleven:
SigmaEleven Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Trying to look for 'how on earth does a guy draw hair' picture could be a good start.
There are many tutorials here, surf around deviantart and you'll find some answers!
I hope my suggestion works!
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
The best way to get good hairstyles is to find photos of the hairstyles that you like. Alot of the hair and clothing are inspired by real life clothing and hair. The hair clumps are just hairs clumped together. A good way to see this is like spiky hair in cosplay or people with spiked hairs. It is the shape that makes the hair looked clumped like that.

Plus its also with in character design. You can't just make them look cool, you got to keep in mind function, shape, attitude, the pose, etc. You basically conveying information about the character, without words, but just with a picture.
:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Non digital shading uses the same fundamentals as digital shading. You're describing a form. For hair and clothes just look at real hair and clothes.

Can't really suggest much more in detail since I don't have a clue of your skill level. This site is ace for the simplest possible explanation of drawing basics, starting at level 0: [link]
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
[link] Technically art whoring, but this may give you help on what you need to do.

This is the type of shading and fold you need to shade animu.
:icongagglygoo:
gagglygoo Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Maybe provide a picture of yours so we can tell you what you're doing wrong?
:icondrewby3:
Drewby3 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Ok i have uploaded a couple but the upload proccess is too slow, are they ever going to make it easier?
Add a Comment: