Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Commissioner not responding

:iconmunuci:
Munuci Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
What do you do in this case?
It's not like I have no time to wait for her to respond, it's just kind of a big ass pain in the butt.
I sent her a note regarding some things about two weeks ago and she still hasn't responded, though she's read it. I sent another note regarding the previous note and her not responding, again, she read it but hasn't responded. This happened before a little while ago, though she apologized and mentioned she'd been busy with a bunch of things.

But eh. What do I do? It's not that she's trying to "scam" me or anything, it's just that I've given her some options regarding me not being able to finish her commission I started on, and I'd really appreciate an answer, but I'm not getting any.

Solutions?!
~ probably just wait it out, but y'know ~
Similar situations? Frustrations? Anything?
Reply

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkafine:
kafine Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013   General Artist
If she knows that her input is required for you to proceed and she's choosing not to respond for reasons of her own, then you can forget about it untill such time as she chooses to give that input.

Work on some other things. Don't nag her but send a note letting her know that the project is on hold pending her response.
Reply
:iconmunuci:
Munuci Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
Well, it's more so that I'm trying to end this whole commission deal for reasons and I'm trying to get her to choose one of the options I gave her, which is why it's so frustrating, because I just want to put this away so I can focus on other things and I just don't have to deal with this situation in the back of my head. And me wanting to do any of the other options I gave her is becoming less and less because she just isn't responding. But yeah I'll just have to wait it out/send another note letting her know she has __ days to respond, yada yada, idek wot i'm doinq.
Reply
:iconluxkrux:
luxkrux Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Just drop the whole business until she replies.
Reply
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
I'd suggest sending a note or email (better) telling them they have (x) time to respond before you consider the commission canceled. I'd say a couple days, maybe a week.

Did you get half up front?
Reply
:iconmunuci:
Munuci Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student General Artist
A friend of mine suggested the same thing. I don't actually have her email though since she just contacted me here on dA and went from there. It's also that her friend sent me the payment, and yes, it was half up front. I'm considering just sending her another note letting her know that I'll be sending the money back to her friend and that's that. Though yes I could also just go with the "few days to respond"-thing.
Reply
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Hm, in that case I'd send a note telling her if she doesn't respond you're sending the refund to her friend, then another one when you do it- never trust the middle man, you know.
Reply
Add a Comment: