Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

is it bad to use Original Bases

:icondreammaker123:
dreammaker123 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
I new her and used I did use a few bases not much but I used the ones that didn't say traced on them.

Is it all right to use those? for I don't want to use something that was stolen

just asking a question

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondreammaker123:
dreammaker123 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
thanks for the advice everyone sorry for not replying to you all(computer being a meanie)
:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Well....

is it OK? Kind of. Legally it's fine.

But you're depriving yourself of the ability to draw people yourself, which is not good.
:iconsigmaeleven:
SigmaEleven Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
It's better to be original. I have a principle that I will never cross: Tracing or using a base.
I think it's better if you draw and learn how to draw step by step instead of just barging in,
borrowing someone's art, slapping it with new colors, and call it your art?
It's like using a coloring book. You color it differently compared to others, and can you still call it 'yours'?
And coloring especially, I know a lot of people who does this; steal another people's unfinished OC lineart,
slap it with different color and call it their OC. It's quite unfair. And by using a base, you could never express
your true feelings on the artwork, the pose is already dictated by the base!

I know you don't mean to steal or anything, but it's better to be independent. If the artists that provide you
with bases will be gone for long ( I know it wouldn't. But speaking metaphorically,) How would you make 'art'?
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Unless the person who made the base includes their 'reference' image linked in the description, it can be hard to tell what's original and what's been traced.
But, DA has a category for traced bases which means that DA does allow the use and submission of traced bases. I see no problem with using a base, traced or original, if you're doing it for fun and your gallery isn't all just edited base works.
:icondreamdreampop123:
dreamdreampop123 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Yes and no

Yes because they might be original but I wouldn't trust them because they might be traced so I don't used them, and here's the no I make my own bases using my own art work that a draw even though your using a hand drawn base doesn't mean it isn't art thief.

what im trying to say is use bases at your risk...
Add a Comment: