Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Sci fi mech/tech art books.

:iconmerrk:
Merrk Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional General Artist
Just looking for advice on any good art books, which may offer inspiration for drawing future tech etc. I'm working on my own story and I've always made up my own tech, but I'm looking for some new inspiration. Please note I'm not after any 'How to Draw' books, and I'm not looking for books so I can rip art off. I just want some books which I can flick through from time to time, to inspire my designs in a new direction.

I currently have Appleseed Ex Machina, Border Break artworks 2006-12, Peace Walker official artbook, Art of District 9, Doug Chiang's Mechanika.

I'm looking for cyber punk stuff, sci fi military sort of stuff, mechs, cyborgs and weapons weapons weapons. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

-Mark

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
:iconmerrk:
Merrk Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional General Artist
I already have plenty of real world reference stuff, and have for a long time now used reality as an artistic foundation, but I'm looking for other ideas and fresh approaches. I want books that I can take a quick look at and get my head into a different space. Reality is always the key, but lately I'm finding myself heading down the same path with designs, and I'm after material from other artists and designers to try break myself out of my own head.
:iconshaunmichaeljones:
ShaunMichaelJones Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013   Traditional Artist
Buy some books on Military machines or real vehicles so you can see how the mechanics work and apply that to your designs. A real world foundation will serve you a lot better.
:icongagglygoo:
gagglygoo Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Add a Comment: