Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Stupid questions to be asked

:iconrayaroja:
Rayaroja Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I'm working on a graphic novel that takes place in 19th century china and its focus is on martial arts... before I started I had some stupid questions to ask... they are stupid because I already know the answers to them, I just want to see if anybody else may know the answers.

1) Why aren't there a lot of ACTION/BATTLE manga/anime with a female protagonist?

2) Are there any manga/anime that are set in CHINA?

3) Why are modern anime FIGHT SEQUENCES so terribly animated?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
1) Claymore.
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   Traditional Artist
The new Fushigi Yugi is set in China.
:iconsharpguard:
SharpGuard Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
1. Because most cultures have a blast objectifying women as opposed to making them strong, and tend to like to jerk off the male ego. Gender roles could also apply here. Just general gender issues.

2. I imagine very possibly so. Though Anime/Manga originated in Japan, I don't see why the art can't exist in other areas, and even so China could easily be the setting of a manga/anime as there's more than man could hope to try and count.

3. Dragon Ball Z proved you can have 5 seconds of punching and kicking and 3 hours of screaming in the same stance powering up and people will eat that fucking shit up.
Add a Comment: