Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 54

What's the one comment you can stand getting on your art/stories?

:iconknoire:
knoire Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Is there any comment you get on your art/writing that you simply CAN'T STAND?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
No one's said this on DA, but when people say, "God gave you an amazing talent", I want to punch them in the face.
:iconknoire:
knoire Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
omg
that just made my day xD
totally agree with you, man
:iconultralithematic:
UltraLiThematic Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Meh. I really do not bother much with comments I dislike.
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional General Artist
"I like this check out my work [link]"

Which only just tops "omg this looks like [insert character/relative/friend here]" "Is it [character]?!"
If I have done fanart, I will tell you who it is, if it is my own character I will say that, if it's your best mate Millie I'll say that too. If I have not said anything it is not that person.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
usually "I could never do that" get's on my nerves a bit.
:iconinrydanmaku:
InryDanmaku Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I think any comment that tries to lead all the attention to the writer of the comment instead of the artist.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
I don't care for critiques based on personal taste. Like "I don't like tigers" or "I don't like the color blue" "I don't like the hairstyle" . If I did something wrong with something and that's why you don't like it , tell me. But don't act like I did something wrong based on personal preference.

I just feel like you should be critiquing based on technical execution.
:iconsachi-pon:
Sachi-pon Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
oh, there are SO MANY >__< i can't name just one. i'll have to say, any comment that criticizes something that i did on purpose, or something i don't mind. one example is when someone doesn't like my color choices. um, i chose those colors because i WANTED to choose those specific colors. so i don't care if you don't like them. another example is people who don't like my style. why should i care? if i want to draw a certain way then that's the way it's going to be. it's not going to suddenly change just because you don't like it.

another one is criticisms that are too vague. those comments scold me for a problem but they don't really explain the problem so i don't know what they're talking about. example: one time, i drew a picture where several people said that i didn't draw the arm right. and they were snarky about it, they had an attitude. and NONE of them actually explained the problem, so it was hard for me to figure out what i did wrong. i had to figure it out by myself, a long time later. what i'm saying is, you can't just say there's a mistake and then expect the artist to read your mind and automatically understand exactly what you mean.
:iconjakkrobbit:
JakkRobbit Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student General Artist
Vague criticisms are a big pet peeve of mine. I used to get them a lot when I was younger. Someone would come along and say "nice job, but something's off" without saying what was off or why it looked wrong. And when I asked them to go into more detail, they really had nothing else to say. I like critiques, but I shouldn't have to decipher what you're trying to say. It's constructive criticism, not a fucking Professor Layton puzzle. D:
:iconbergholtz:
Bergholtz Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional General Artist
Don't you think that you learned more by figuring out what was wrong with the arm yourself rather than if someone had pointed it out for you?
Add a Comment: