Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 54

What's the one comment you can stand getting on your art/stories?

:iconknoire:
Knoire Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Is there any comment you get on your art/writing that you simply CAN'T STAND?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
No one's said this on DA, but when people say, "God gave you an amazing talent", I want to punch them in the face.
Knoire Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
omg
that just made my day xD
totally agree with you, man
:iconultralithematic:
UltraLiThematic Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Meh. I really do not bother much with comments I dislike.
:iconfionacreates:
FionaCreates Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional General Artist
"I like this check out my work [link]"

Which only just tops "omg this looks like [insert character/relative/friend here]" "Is it [character]?!"
If I have done fanart, I will tell you who it is, if it is my own character I will say that, if it's your best mate Millie I'll say that too. If I have not said anything it is not that person.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
usually "I could never do that" get's on my nerves a bit.
:iconinrydanmaku:
InryDanmaku Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I think any comment that tries to lead all the attention to the writer of the comment instead of the artist.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
I don't care for critiques based on personal taste. Like "I don't like tigers" or "I don't like the color blue" "I don't like the hairstyle" . If I did something wrong with something and that's why you don't like it , tell me. But don't act like I did something wrong based on personal preference.

I just feel like you should be critiquing based on technical execution.
:iconsachi-pon:
Sachi-pon Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
oh, there are SO MANY >__< i can't name just one. i'll have to say, any comment that criticizes something that i did on purpose, or something i don't mind. one example is when someone doesn't like my color choices. um, i chose those colors because i WANTED to choose those specific colors. so i don't care if you don't like them. another example is people who don't like my style. why should i care? if i want to draw a certain way then that's the way it's going to be. it's not going to suddenly change just because you don't like it.

another one is criticisms that are too vague. those comments scold me for a problem but they don't really explain the problem so i don't know what they're talking about. example: one time, i drew a picture where several people said that i didn't draw the arm right. and they were snarky about it, they had an attitude. and NONE of them actually explained the problem, so it was hard for me to figure out what i did wrong. i had to figure it out by myself, a long time later. what i'm saying is, you can't just say there's a mistake and then expect the artist to read your mind and automatically understand exactly what you mean.
:iconjakkrobbit:
JakkRobbit Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student General Artist
Vague criticisms are a big pet peeve of mine. I used to get them a lot when I was younger. Someone would come along and say "nice job, but something's off" without saying what was off or why it looked wrong. And when I asked them to go into more detail, they really had nothing else to say. I like critiques, but I shouldn't have to decipher what you're trying to say. It's constructive criticism, not a fucking Professor Layton puzzle. D:
:iconbergholtz:
Bergholtz Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional General Artist
Don't you think that you learned more by figuring out what was wrong with the arm yourself rather than if someone had pointed it out for you?
:icondoodlemancy:
doodlemancy Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
The most annoying comments I have ever gotten are a bit of a story: I had a webcomic. A Fullmetal Alchemist fangirl found it and decided that two of my characters... were actually her two favorite FMA characters (the only resemblance they bore was hair color) and commented on every. Single. Page. For months. She was kind of... making up her own story about what was going on? And basically just ignoring the actual plot of the webcomic. Just OMG WHATEVER-KUN AND WHOEVER-SAMA ARE SO CUTE THEY NEED TO KISS OMG KAWAII.

And then I pissed her off and she unwatched me and I lived happily ever after the end. :lol:
:iconbittersweetchoco:
bittersweetchoco Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconclapplz:
:icondoodlemancy:
doodlemancy Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
:bow:
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Creeper comments.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
One word comments, or general 'I like this' comments that don't go into any detail about WHAT they like about the work.

That and those fav and runners that don't bother to leave a comment.
:iconneywa:
Neywa Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student
Wait! I remember more! The typical, you know that... that hand looks TERRIBLE, and you say, yes, I'm sorry because of all the eye killing and stuff but couldn't find the way to hide that hand. Mind it please u.u

And the typical OMG DA**** IS THAT HAND!?

And you read it like,' open your comment, read it, check that you actually said that, read it again, check that you couldn't really say it more simple. Stare at the comment and want to kill someone'
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"You suck" without an explanation, or "your character looks like <insert random anime character>". In the end, there are only a limited number of combinations you can make with looks. Every character will eventually have similarity's with some other character in some other universe. I don't freakin' care >_>
:iconphinnimonster:
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   General Artist
I've already had two such comments on one of my characters and I've barely posted any art of him yet. :P Because I'm always seeing other artists complaining about getting that kind of comment, though, I don't think I mind it as much. Though I did have someone suggest taking ideas from the character they mentioned mine resembled so much, and I thought that was a bit odd. :o
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well. I know for sure that my characters do resemble some others. At least in looks. I don't care at all, since imo characters are more than just looks, and there's a whole story underneath that's actually pretty deep. So I hate it when people judge those characters, just on looks, because they've seen something like that on some anime show :/
Neywa Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student
Loool, laughed so hard at the "insert random anime character" xD Man, hated that so much xD.

And well, about this, I used to do lots of photomanipulations and just that comment on: I just want to give a constructive criticism okay? well, let's start murdering your art. Let's see... This looks ugly, this just looks out of place. I'm not sure what's this. This colour is ugly. Oh and by the way the whole (and here's where the pretended professional jargon starts) lighting and integration is a bit weird because of.....blahblah

Where the **** is he contructivism? If I can ask? xD
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well... it's quite annoying when your character are compared to anime characters from a series that was created 3 years AFTER I created my storyline. How the hell can I steal a character design that's not even created at that point? I'm not a traveler!

As for critique... I don't mind people telling me what's wrong, when they tell me what actually is wrong. If the colors are wrong, that's okay, but just tell me that, and don't go around telling me "this artwork sucks". That's far too general to do something with.
Neywa Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student
haha, yeah :D Well, the annoying thing is that they actually believe that's a constructive critic xD
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah. That's why I often ignore people like that.
It has no use to discuss with idiots :D
:iconscyoni:
Scyoni Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't mind one-word comments and all of that. What bothers the crap out of me is when people leave semi-critiques in which they say the art is terrible, and proceed to offer no suggestion on why or how to fix it. It's not a critique if you're just hatin' :P
:iconphinnimonster:
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   General Artist
When someone leaves a one-word comment I'm left forever wondering whether or not they were being sarcastic.
JakkRobbit Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student General Artist
I hadn't had any comments that annoyed me before, but the other day someone called me drawing "kawaii" and I died a little inside. So, if I had to pick, I think that'd be my current annoyance.
:iconbittersweetchoco:
bittersweetchoco Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hahahah, I found the comment in your gallery. At least you responded politely xD
JakkRobbit Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Student General Artist
Haha, I couldn't bring myself to say anything mean, especially since the person didn't mean any harm by it.
:iconrovanna:
Rovanna Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Digital Artist
"Can you read my story?" without actually saying anything about the piece they just commented on. :stare: I have no problem with finding crit buddies or if someone has written a story that they think I might like, but it makes me wonder if they actually read mine.
:iconpatty110692:
patty110692 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
When people judge me for my OTP -_-
Thank god it doesn't happen too much here >.<
Or sometimes when they leave rp comments on the deviations >.<
But I never get angry or mad witrh comments :P
Knoire Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
just out of curiousity, what IS your otp? I have plenty of crack pairings, so I think I can handle what you've got
:iconpatty110692:
patty110692 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Germancest >.<
:iconhaanpere:
HaanPere Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Digital Artist
All one word comments
"This reminds me of ____"
"I liked the older version more"
":D" has to be the worst, though. People who comment with nothing but this deserve to be fucked in the ass with a log. :stare:
:iconhallowpointpaws:
HallowpointPaws Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"Cute", espicaly on pictures meant to express depression or frustration. I could have a two picture of two lions or something practicaly killing each other, and someone will come along and post "cute". If you can't think of something else to say, why even bother posting a comment?
:iconwotansvogel:
Wotansvogel Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   General Artist
-"Cool looks almost like *insert name of a character I never heard of*"
- One-word comments
- Advertisements
:iconthe-chook:
the-ChooK Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
"you should draw _____."
:icon135711cal:
135711cal Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
When someone says something kind because it's polite. I want people to say what they really think. I want real feed back not patronizing BS.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student General Artist
I barely get any comments, so I barely get annoy. Plus Im pretty open minded.

Though on the forums sometimes, It bugs me a little when the same topics happens over and over. So maybe same topic comments could bother me.
:iconkyteglory:
KyteGlory Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
"That reminds me of ______."
"Did you draw that?"
"God hates faggots."
:iconalalampone:
alalampone Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Artist
"wow this looks just like *insert typical anime character here*!!!"
"could you draw me something like this?"
"this style is weird"
:iconsovietsparkleparty:
SovietSparkleParty Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
"This reminds me of _____!"
"Nice."
"Cool, is this your first time drawing them?"
that first comment
every time
:icontableflipplz:
SovietSparkleParty Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think I'm guilty of saying that once or twice...
:iconpaniksura:
PanikSura Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's not terrible to say "This reminds me of ___" if there's a clear reason why, or it brings up personal emotions, or SOMETHING that validates you telling an artist that. If you're telling them it reminds you of something that brings up an emotion for you, I think that could be a compliment.

But if it's a picture of the forest and you say "This reminds me of Slenderman!" Despite the fact that the picture is well lit and in daylight with no fog or spooky shadows, then you look kind of dumb. So I agree. It should be used sparingly...
SovietSparkleParty Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The times that I've recieved that comment were usually along the lines of, "OMG, he totally reminds me of (insert shojo anime character)!", even when it was obviously not drawn in that style and obviously not that character,
:iconpaniksura:
PanikSura Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah, that's pretty strange. Some people get obsessed with anime, I guess? There's nothing wrong with that, but... it's not like we all know every single character from every anime ever.
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah. Comments like "Cute!" or "Kawaii desu!" or "Nice" or "Cool" tick me off. But they're better than just favourites. :shrug:
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Admittedly, I'm a little sad about getting one word comments like "cute" or "nice!", but at the same time, I try to accept them just as graciously as I would any comment that is more thought out and articulate :nod:
:iconlittlesardines:
LittleSardines Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Filmographer
There was one of these threads earlier today...
whoops, not on the threads 24/7, but I'll check next time... : )
Add a Comment: