Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 68

Do your parents know you have a DeviantArt account?

:iconknoire:
Mine sure as hell don't. xD They hardly care for art and DEFINITELY wouldn't want me posting it online. I made my first deviantart account almost three years ago, and so far haven't been caught XD

Do your parents or family know about you posting art/writing/ect online, DeviantArt or elsewhere?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconartinmall:
artinmall Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Nope... Only my girlfriend knows I draw and even she isn't allowed to see my drawings. I buy art stuff in secret and hide all my drawings. I don't wan't anyone to know :/ The thing is my family is full of artists and my sister is a designer and draws like a freaking god.... I don't want to dissapoint anyone with my drawings. That's all... :|
:iconrainsoda:
RainSoda Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My parents know, and they actually want me to publise and sell x'D & theyre proud..
But they sure don't know much what deviantArt is, just an Art site x'D
:iconlobotis-lipsum:
Lobotis-lipsum Jan 15, 2013  Student General Artist
yes
:iconsarosna:
Sarosna Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm 27 so it's really not my parents business what I do. But my mum knows and I like to show some works to her since it's easier online when everything is organized together. I also live 230km away from her so she can look at my art even when we're apart. I bookmarked my profile for her :)

My dad and especially his artistic fiance would probably like to see my art as well but they don't even have a computer.

I don't see the bad thing in posting art online. However there's also this forum which has...all kinds of stuff in it so I can sort of understand why some parents might feel iffy about this place. But my personal opinion is: better here than in some greacy dating site filled with people who are waaaaaay to young for that stuff.
:iconposeidonsimons-s:
my parents almost dont know what an internet is
:icongrasschamp:
Grasschamp Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
They do not, but they support my drawing for reasons I do not understand.
:iconchopper481:
chopper481 Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
My parents have known for years, and they're fine with it. :P I'm lucky to have supportive parents. They love to see me draw and knowing that I'm doing what makes me happiest.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, my parents know I have an account here. I like to moan about my silly problems about the site and some of its users to them even though they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
:iconnarutokunobessed:
narutokunobessed Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
They know I have art online and may of mentioned Deviant art, but they haven't care too much other then get a job for it.
:iconmikesblender:
mikesblender Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My parents neither know about DeviantArt, and if they did they probably wouldn't give a crap about it, neither of them are much into art. However I post my work on lots of sites, including my personal website which they do know about.
I'm confused as to why you're worried about getting 'caught' posting your art here. Last I heard making art wasn't something to be ashamed about.
Add a Comment: