Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 133

How many art webs/communities are you active in?

:iconemmil:
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Like uploading arts regularly, posting journals, talking in forums, joining contests, etc... I've been wanted to spread my "kingdom of art" in other art webs/communities but always fail because I'm lazy to keep uploading 1 art in many webs/blogs, etc on 1 day... DX Any tips to make this task less monotonous, but more fun to do?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmemyone:
memyone Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Here and CGhub. I don't post anything on either, but I do like to favorite other people's works. c:
:iconthetaoofchaos:
thetaoofchaos Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013   Writer
i have an account on shadowness, but they don't have a freakin' text submission interface (the last time i checked) so they aren't particularly supportive of writers.  mostly, it's just dA.  there's enough going on here to keep most anyone occupied. 
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Just dA. The community is big and active enough for me
:iconprimal-fury:
Primal-Fury Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I've been on DeviantART for a long time now and I love it =) I haven't tried any other art sites so unfortunately I can't help you there. Have you tried uploading your art to Facebook? Millions of people use Facebook so your art would get a lot of exposure =D
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I have FB but my arts don't get noticed there.
:iconprimal-fury:
Primal-Fury Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Perhaps you could advertise your Facebook account on DeviantART and your DeviantART account on Facebook? =)
:icontheboyiam:
TheBoyIAm Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
only here
:iconkafine:
kafine Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013   General Artist
Not many any more. I used to like Gfxartist okay but it shut. I tried Conceptart but I hate the forum setup. I completely forgot about Artwanted, I should pick that one up again.

There don't seem to be a lot of general art communities around that have an active community and functional gallery/portfolio system.
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I agree with ur 2nd paragraph. ^^
:iconzummerfish:
zummerfish Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Three at the moment. Now pondering whether or not I should start Tumblr XD.
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
it's hard to get noticed on tumblr I think :|
:iconzummerfish:
zummerfish Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah I suppose. You need to make some trendy things, like fanarts or something :D
:iconkittensoft:
Kittensoft Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I upload my art on Facebook too (here: [link]) , I find it's pretty fun and easy to use, a good place to get some feedback, and useful to tag people you want to show pics to :)
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Oh, I usually just use FB for playing game :(
:icondelphineapollo:
DelphineApollo Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I have joined several deviantart groups but I haven't been able to find anywhere else to really join. I'm looking for somewhere to get help learning to draw but there really doesn't seem to be a place for that online.
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
we should learn by ourself via free tutorials, no one is willing to spend their time to teach us personally without payment I think
:icondelphineapollo:
DelphineApollo Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I tried that but I've never found any free tutorial I've come across as helpful. They're very vague and none of them really show me how to do anything.
it's time to trial and error then :)
:iconrustyironmonger:
rustyironmonger Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
dA, Shadowness, Facebook, Tumblr, and I put my work on my automotive blog sometimes.
:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional General Artist
I really like Oekaki.nl, you can draw directly on there and get comments and votes on it. Also a forum to upload art and talk. :3
I'm also member of 2 other sites, but those have nothing to do with art (although I did post some of my art there).
I'm bad with muro or oekaki XD
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
DA, Zindy Zone, Flickr and Photo Camel.
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
This, and flickr. I used to do old school personal web pages until about 2007, and since either deleted or lost the passwords for the others which I assume are long gone. It's funny because the average user on the flickr site is about the opposite of here- it's mostly male, and older. All hiding behind their cameras. And about as good for conversation as a door :|.
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
never made an account at flickr XD
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
DA is by far the one that I'm most active on, but I do post on some Dutch board that are aimed toward art, that provide me with more throughout critique.
:iconjennyluco:
JennyLuco Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
Ooh, which would those Dutch boards be? :)
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Mangaschool, aniway ;)
:iconjennyluco:
JennyLuco Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
AH I'm no good at manga... =P
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
I see :)
:iconextrasupervery:
extrasupervery Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Deviantart and Tumblr mostly. I post my non fan art stuff on facebook sometimes for my family to see.
This is my tumblr: [link]
what's urs? :)
extrasupervery Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Digital Artist
www.Infernnaaa.tumblr.com :3
Is your skin free or bought?
extrasupervery Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
It's free.
:iconnelchee:
nelchee Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional General Artist
Currently I post my art on my web site, my blog, here, Facebook and Instagram.

I used to have an account on Elfwood, deleted it recently. Also on Shadowness, deleted it recently. On several other networks too, deleted all that.
I post on Behance too, but that is a different type of community and different work fits there.
what blog do u use?
nelchee Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Professional General Artist
My own blog on my own domain :)
Ooo :O
nelchee Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
You don't have a professional portfolio on your own domain? :o How come?
I don't think it's necessary... and a waste of money. DA gallery should be enough for me :)
nelchee Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional General Artist
$10 a year is spare change, cheaper than deviantART premium anyway.. but hey to each his own :)

deviantART and all such sites have their own terms of use and they can change it at any moment (happens with social networks all the time). So I prefer to have my own haven where I'm the boss, and can do anything I want exactly the way I want to.
Basically I'm lazy to upload everything again, lol. But your reason is right, I might consider it in the future. What's yours web link?
(1 Reply)
:icondarkprincearmon:
DarkPrinceArmon Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I use DA. In the past I used DA then I stopped, then I started back about a year ago using it more and more as I became bored of Facebook.

I do this now. I use DA, Tumblr, Facebook Page, Personal Blog, Blogger, Pintrest and Twitter.

I learned that you can hotlink you images from DA. (I know how to write web code) so now I hotlink my images from DA to My Personal Blog, Blogger, Pintrest, and Tumblr. I'm selective of what I show on Tumblr to keep it my safe site for showing off the best of my work, but not so much on my other sites. I post Links from DA to my Facebook Page (I'm not popular on Facebook but that's what I do) and my FB page feed is linked to post to Twitter through TwitterFeed on auto. I post to DA first all the time and then later on I pimp out the images to other sites. It doesn't make me popular but it has increased my traffic to incoming links back to my DA.

I use the share buttons that allow you to quick post from DA to other social sites (Pintrest, Facebook Page, sometimes Twitter and Tumblr) I Set up my Personal blog sets to post later down the road so it looks like I'm updating content every 2 weeks. I Host my own Wordpress Blog, so that's where I make internet money off of my images. I plan on using Blogger more as my content builds on DA and I get the time.

My reasons for doing it that way is because some people never leave their favorite sites.
emmil Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
perhaps that's why tumblr more popular than blogspot/wordpress, because tumblr is easier to share??
DarkPrinceArmon Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah DA has that auto share button right next to the art you post up. It makes it convenient to share to tumblr. Might make it convenient for blogger too, but I use Pintrest and Tumblr to see if I get collectors. Never know what people are collecting on those networks because it so easy to look like your not marketing or something.

I find Facebook to be a sanitized experience which makes you look like your trying for hits and likes, so it really comes down to popularity of style and content. They have a weird tracking style with there pages so you can expose people to content but doesn't mean they will like it, click it, or comment much if you are looking for that kind of feedback.

I'm sure if you had a really popular style and you use my method for cross posting to the social networks you can get a lot of feedback to your DA account from the outside. As for me I still need to polish my niche.
It seems the deviations we shared from DA to Tumblr, can't be found by tag searching. So perhaps it's better to just reupload the files at tumblr :(
DarkPrinceArmon Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
IDK... I have been able to add search tags from DA tumblr share (just go to advance options after you hit the share button), I do know if you use a saturated tag your stuff will be buried under a lot of other post. I usually tag my handle as well. #darkprincearmon
saturated tags??
DarkPrinceArmon Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
tags that everyone uses, like art, illustration fine art, design... those would be saturated with people who do the same work. Not to say they are bad to use, but just to say that if you want to distinguished yourself it would help to use a tag or two that will say this is yours, like your name or your internet handle. That way if someone finds themselves liking your work and they look things up through tags, they can just look for your specific tag and it should pull up only what you create. It may even help search engine results from google and such, but I'm no master at optimizing for search engines.
that's a good idea, thanks :D
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: